1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea MJD assistance needed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Santhosh Rao, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Santhosh Rao

Santhosh Rao Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All,

After all the research and fellow TF'ians advices I completed the PDI of new linea and took the delivery on Jan 3 from RAMKAY Fiat chennai. Exactly 4days ago. I have driven the vehicle for 400kms till now. There were lots of issues with this agency from the time I booked the vehicle. There were lots of false promises and commitments from there end and I had a very tough time with these Morons. During the PDI I noted there were lots of water marks and some kind of stains in the vehicle paints. For this they told me that the stains will vanish once they complete the polish work. However this dint happen at the time of delivery. They were not able to remove the stains. Additionally there were scratches in the rear bumper and in some other places too. Hence I was not ready to take the vehicle delivery and I requested to meet some higher officials of the showroom. Then their GM came and met me and he promised me that he will look into this issue personally. Then all the body and polish workers came and inspected this issue. However no one could provide me a solution. Mean time I got pissed off with these people and I told their GM that I'll take the delivery now and I'll leave the vehicle with 3M people and let them try it. The GM agreed and he promised me that if this doesn't go he will provide me some alternate like removing new bumper from the transit vehicle and replacing with mine. Even the 3M people couldn't remove the scratches And stains. Then I tried contacting the SE And the agency to get in touch wit their GM. however no proper response. During the PDI, I requested to test drive the vehicle and these people were not ready to provide me the test drive chances even after making the full payment. Hence I had no option than going ahead with this vehicle. Now I face rattling noise from the gear nob during the 3,4 and 5 gear. The nob literally vibrates and makes noise at these gear. Hence I took it to the services station. Even the mechanics tried there best to arrest this vibration and rattling noise. The couldn't do it. Finally their CRM told me that they will contact the fiat directly on this and they will assist me with a solution. I was totally shattered with this issue. I went to the showroom directly and I requested to meet their GM. some sales manager told the SE that I can't meet the GM and he asked me to contact the Services manager from the service station to solve the issues. This made me feel even more worse. Right now no one contacted me from the sales or service team regarding the issue. Can some fellow TF'ian can assist me to handle this issues. I will shortly list down the issues with the vehicle.
    1. Gear nob vibration and rattling at 3,4&5 gears.
    2. Left side high beam headlight does not focus properly which results in bad lighting on left side while driving.
    3. Fuel pumping motor produces more noise than the usual sound. I compared this noise with other new Linea MJD vehicles. This sound is something similar to air leakage noise. But my vehicle produce more noise.
    4. Stain and scratches on the external body.

Thank u in advance.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @Santhosh Rao , felt sorry for your ordeal.

Regarding first 3 points , change of FASS can help. None of them seems too much serious. Even if some part need to be replaced, your car is in warranty.
    Regarding driving of vehicle before registration, yes, they don't oblige, as they may face some legal issues, if an accident happens.

For the last point, while doing pdi, you should have checked, whether the marks will go or not with just polishing/ scrubbing. Ask for painting that part and check if they oblige, actually you should have taken this in writing before delivery. GM said that he will replace bumper,, ask him for it.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Santosh very sad to hear your ordeal, I think GM and Service Incharge are from Marvel fiat who recently joined Ranked.If you can just find their names and post it, I will try to communicate to them and do whatever possible....
    dhinas, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Don't worry too much, warranty should come in handy. however, do write to Fiat India about your experience and dealer would surely contact you. email ID: service.india@fcagroup.com.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    As advised a change in the FASS may help in this case. Also may I know the month of manufacture in 2014.
    The reason Iam wanting to know the month of manufacture is to understand if this can be a result of a car parked for long at the stockyard.
    Kindly post some pictures of the stain / scratches so that it might a little more easy to check and advice on the same. Also I am not happy with the GM's words of replacing the bumper on your car with another one from a vehicle in transit , this practically means they are ready to pass this to another unsuspecting customer which is definitely not the right way.
    FIAT is trying hard to win some customers and thanks to these lazy acts by the dealers which is not helping things either.
    I would request you not to accept this , it would be better if they can get a new bumper as replacement if need be rather than this illicit swap.
    The adjustment of the headlights should be a simple task for the FASS , have the alignment corrected to your satisfaction on your next visit as I see that you will need a couple of trips to get these issues addressed.

Also please let us know the feedback from FIAT after you have sent the email to the escalation line pointed in one of the posts above.

Thank You.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Santosh,

I found a similar reported by Anshuman on this thread , however the issue has been sorted out by setting the cables related to the gear knob. Kindly check the below and have a word with Ansuman Iam sure the issue on your car can be addressed as well in similar fashion.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/colarado-red-ford-figo-to-magnesio-grey-fiat-linea.13249/

Keep us posted.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Santosh,

Hope things are getting better.Kindly let us know the latest update on the issues reported earlier as soon as you are free.
    The information you would be providing would be benefiting many of us.

Thank You in advance.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  8. thiruppathi

thiruppathi Timido

salem
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    hello santhosh rao sir,
    as i am about to get my new mjd linea i am much worried about your concerns.have they rectified the issues sir?
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello there,

I have recently bought a Linea and there were no issues noticed so far on my car.So dont be skeptical and enjoy your ride. You can also check the threads by arun_joise , nkrishnap on the long term details of the car for complete clarity.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @santosh rao, I have spoken on your issue with the Mr. Vivek, Service manager at RDC , ambattur. Please take your vehicle to him. He has knowledge on this issue and has attended to it before. As for the hissing noise, it is present in my EVO too and it is because of a modification done to the silencer in the newer versions. Enjoy. PM me if needed

Abdul
    nbvcrao likes this.