1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea low Mileage

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Pervindra, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

Yesterday I have received my new Linea(1.3 MJD). I am getting an average of 8 kmpl. After going through various forums,I found that it should give atleast 13-14 in city. Can anyone suggest if this is normal with the new car(80 Km odo). By when it will be increased.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Have you reset the trip meters after taking delivery? If not, please do it and then observe the figures.

Before delivery, the car could have been driven to get it moved around from garage to the truck etc, when the fuel economy would be too low.
  3. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Limraj, reset was done after taking the delivery.Today its showing 8.5 kmpl.
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @Pervindra, its too early to say there is an issue. (read odo 80 km). We do not know how much the traffic is playing part in your reading. How many kms is your average drive ? coupled with the new car and new driver ? (we dont have details on this) Is this your first car ? Have been driving a diesel before ? There is a small learning / un-learning with the rpm and gear shifting if you are used to driving a petrol.

I suggest you take the car for a outing. say 200 kms trip on the highway and check what you get ?
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @pervendra, most probably your car is an Active version or your setting may be in litres/100 km in which case 8 would mean 12.5 kmpl and an 8.5 will mean worse 11.76! In active version you will only get l/100km. In other versions you can set it to get l/100km. If all is not what i had written above, then fill the tank and go for a long drive. That will clear your doubts.

Abdul
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Jumu,its a Dynamic 2015 Version.I need to cross check once again regarding you Litres/100 Km logic. But I am sure its kmpl. Will update soon.