1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

new Linea Emotion T-jet 2014

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kunjan pavithran, Jul 14, 2014.

1. I purchased a Linea Emotion T-Jet in May 2014. Driven 2000 km. mileage in city 11km/l and in highways 13~14 km/l. So far very happy with the performance. Cruz control is extremely useful in highway driving. I try to keep min 30 seconds idling time before moving the car and before switching off the engine. I move the car from by parking lot in reverse direction. At the time of starting, the reverse gear makes a cranky sound (even after 30 seconds idling before moving the car).This happens only at first start of the day. Probably due to inadequate oil flow before operating the gear box? OR any other problem? Can any body advise? Thanks and regards- Kunjan
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice to see some owners of new Linea, please open a thread here - Linea 1.4 T-Jet, few pictures will make it perfect.

You are doing correct thing on idling.
    Regarding taking reverse in morning, can you try to push the car forward for few inches and then reverse it, and see if it helps.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats and welcome Kunjan!! As suggested by Ravi, open a ownership thread with lots of pics.

I am not sure about the reverse gear thing; it shouldnt make any kind of noise, if slotted properly. Better get it checked at FASS, if it persists.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats kunjan for your ride. I too have new Linea Dynamic variant, however did not face any issue while reversing. Even I have to reverse first while taking car out of parking slot. Also ensure that you keep clutch pressed for 4-5 sec before slotting in reverse gear.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thanks gents! let me watch the reverse gear thing for a while and revert (currently I am away on a business trip)
    Regards
    Kunjan
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3