1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea door trim fitment to old linea model

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by vireshn, Mar 20, 2014.

1. vireshn

vireshn

Pune
    Just now new Linea model released. As per me there are no measurement changes in car. So old linea has bottle holder issue. Can we change door trims or hand rest in old linea with lates one to resolve issue. Atleast we can change handrest then bottle can be adjusted for back side.

Can this possible ?

Thanks,
    Viresh
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    New Hand rest didn't look ergonomic to me and I might be wrong, so personally I would avoid any changes on that front.

secondly, the bottle holder option in new door trim, if you are unlucky, you might end up with rattling door...

I may sound negative, but best to leave such modification out and if monies are to be spent, then invest on improving the music system sound quality by getting better speakers, sub and amp, it will get noticed too :)

best of luck and drive safe.
  3. vireshn

vireshn

Pune
    I bought Linea in Jan 2014. So just these things missing which are very imp while drive. We need to check with Fiat experts about these changes. As per me sound system is improved than old models. But yes there is scope for that .
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New armrest should be able to fit in old Linea but dealer won't be willing to do so IMHO as this is not good for business for new Linea as per the company.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not sure about the door trim fittment because a Sales guy of Fiat told me that there are slight modifications done inside the door to accommodate the new design, inside as in the design of the Metal and it’s not worth changing the door for the Door Pad. ::V

I had to believe him(Atleast for time being) because he had gone to Pune for the Training on the New Linea.

The Arm rest should be a worthy fitment but First the Part should be available and Second the dimensions should match.</SPAN>
    If all works well then we call have a Bottle holder for rear passengers but at a cost.</SPAN>
    Apart from replacing the already existing arm rest and shell out some the other difference would be earlier Arm rest comforts almost the entire hand now can only be used to rest your elbow…. :confused1

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ooops Just realised there is another duplicate thread with the same query,request Moderators to merge the same threads.
    This Thread was opened FIRST 8:07 PM v/s 9:19 PM :evilsmile
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Anup, please use Report Post for any moderation.