1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea 2014: Good year Stock tyres or upgrade to other company tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pavan Puvvada, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    So I will go with Michelin 3pst tyres only after the delivery tomorrow.
    Vishi likes this.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Krishna
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2015 ---
    Thanks @mangeshtendulkar . Yes will be starting a new thread soon. :)
  3. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @Pavan Puvvada

My friend took the delivery of his Avvy on Sunday. He was in dilemma whether to change the stock tires or not. The short distance travel from the showroom to his house made him think twice. On inquiring for Michelin tire dealer quoted 9k for 3ST and said he would take the Apollo Accellere for 5200 per tire.

I advised him to change the tires even though it would cost him close to 17k. He made his decision to change the stock tires. We drove down to for more than 500 kms and he felt very happy investing on tires.

The quality of ride improved. Road noise is minimal and grip is amazing. You will not regret for replacing the stock tires as the tires quality is average.

Stock tires come with "V" for speed rating where as the Michelin 3 ST comes with "W" speed rating. As for the Avvy, the spare wheel is also of the same size but with a lower speed rating "H".

Go for the change and enjoy the ride from day one. Happy miles and moments..
    arunprasad and prabhjot like this.
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @nbvcrao,

What is the tyre profile and rim size?
  5. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @Vishi

Tire profile is same as Linea for Avvy - 205/55R16.

Only the spare tire has lower speed rating of "H" when compared with other 4 tires which come with speed rating of "V".
    Vishi and prabhjot like this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I have Yoko A drives in 205/55 R16 size.
    A drive R1 @ 6700₹ per tyre, from Trivandrum. Now done 12,000 kms, 1 puncture (nail). It is not better than Good Year NCT 5, which was stock on my car. I settled for it because of being low on Vitamin M.
  7. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Finally sticked to Yokohoma with exchange amount of 1800 per tyre. Tyre shop superviser has given a surprise by asking 3500 each tyre for Michelin p3st. Store manager got confused and given 2300 quote earlier. After discussion with the owner of the store he offered me HP headfone as a free.