1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Linea 2014: Good year Stock tyres or upgrade to other company tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Pavan Puvvada, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I have a booked new linea 2014 and is expected to be delivered on 07 Jan 2015. The Stock tyre of the vehicle is Good year NCT5 205/55/R16. The question is shall I run on stock tyre or exchange with other company tyres. I have heard bad reviews of Good year so I went to dilemma.
    Till now I am thinking of exchange with Michelin 3pst/ Yokohama A drive.
    I dont want to change the size of the Tyre.

I have checked with local dealer and I am getting quote of 2300 for Michelin and 1800 for Yokohoma A drive with exchange of stock tyres.

Please suggest.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Pavan Puvvada , congrats for a great car, if you are very finicky about tyre noise, then yes you should go ahead and swap those.
    For rest of the types (me including) its a fine tyre which does its job.

Mine served me just right.(with its shares of punctures)
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I too have booked Linea and I will be changing the tyres to Michelin 3PST. I own a punto 90 hp and have been on Michelin 3PST 195/60/R15 for about 11K KMS. They are very quite and the ride comfort is too good.

Are you saying you are getting Michelin 3PST 205/55/R16 per tyre for 2300 after buy back?
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Congrats @Vishy & @Pavan Puvvada for great choice. Linea is a damn exciting car to drive and have fun with. Enjoy your rides and do post ownership thread and snaps.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You wont get the Yokohama A drives or the Earth 1 in the 205/55 R16 size. You can look at the below ones

Michelin Primacy 3ST - Approximate cost Rs 10000
    Continental CPC2 - Approximate cost Rs 9200. Note this tyre will eventually be replaced by Continental MC5
    Continental MC5 - Approximate cost Rs 9500
    Yokohama AR1 - Approximate cost Rs 7800
    Yokohama AVS DB - Approximate cost Rs 9500
    Hankook Ventus V12 - Approximate cost Rs 7500
    arunprasad, prabhjot and Saket Sidana like this.
  6. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Yes
  7. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Pavan that's a deadly deal you got there. The actual cost of the PST is 10K per tyre and the dealer in Bangalore (Madhus Tyres) are giving only 5K as buy back for Good Year NCT5. So I need to pay 20K for the set of 4 new 3PST's. Experts any inputs on any other good tyre dealers in Bangalore? I choose Madhus as they are very reputed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2015 ---

Adding to the list is Pirelli P7 Cinturato -- Cost ~7600
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You can look at Millivisions or Sai Iyengar Tyres. I found Madhus to be pricier than others. For maintianing the tyres (balancing and alignment look no further than Madhus langford road).

PM me if you need help on the Tyres from Sai Iyengar Tyres.
  9. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Krishna. Will surely ping you as the car will be delivered by Friday and I am planning to change the tyres on Saturday.
    Also is wheel alignment needed when we change the tyres as the car is just out from showroom or only balancing is fine?
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Its better to get alignment done too. Balancing will be done when tyres are changed.
    prabhjot likes this.