1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

new laptop advice needed

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by srikaratluri, Jan 16, 2012.

1. MODS
    dont know if i can start a new thread or not!
    please delete this thread if not appropriate

i am in for a looking for a new laptop for regular use
    i am not a heavy gamer, but i do play games regularly might use it to watch movies and stuff in my hostel room and stuff like that.
    might be a couple of hours browsing even!

suggest me a laptop!
    Apple (India) - MacBook Air - Compare the 11- and 13-inch MacBook Air.

Apple (India) - MacBook Pro - Technical specifications of the 13-inch model.

VPCSB37GG : S Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

XPS 14z Laptop Details | Dell India

my budget is anything below 65k. might stretch it to 70.
    i need a light weight laptop with a backlit keyboard, with which i can play games and watch movies!
    i plan on keeping the laptop for the next 4-5 years
    battery is not a big concern.

sorry for the long post, please advice me
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

If Apple Mac is there in your mind, don't think of a 2nd option. Go for it. Else an i7 processor on a Dell laptop would be a good buy.
  3. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

HP ENVY 15-3017tx 15.6-inch Laptop is as close to APPLE's product as any brand could get,super build quality & an amazing screen...
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey Srikar...

I have mac book pro early 2011. The experrince is amazing day by day.

If you want to go for it then don't think about anything.

My MBP config is
    HDD 320GB
    RAM 4 GB
    Processor i5
    Intel HD grafix card 1 GB

The battery life is awesome.

I am getting more than 12hrs of battery for only watchig movies (2-3 at a time) & web surfing.
    For Skype Video calls the battery life is 4 hrs.
    No need to shutdown all the time. As well as battery charging is required for twice a week for me.
    No worry for virus attacks.
    Lots of features.
    But I guess you have to upgrade your budget as for the same configuration I have paid arround 76K including Office for mac.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    @srikar: you can try the new DELL XPS Z-15!!! It's really too good! But it comes to 70k!
  6. ameysane

Mac is a proper costly affair.

for upto 70K I would suggest go for a dell. you will get more games for PC than Mac as well.
  7. 70K is too much if you are going to use it for music, movies, office document work. Go for any laptop which is ~35-40 K and that will give you all. Check Acer timelineX series which is supposed to provide good battery life. I am not against Apple product, but you can easily achieve what you need in ~50% less budget.
    I would suggest buying a android tablet (Samsung galaxy tab, moto xoom, Sony tablet X) and accessory like keyboard. Tablets is the future. Handy, full touch, ebook reader, personal diary and amazing clarity (higher end tablets ~35 K). You can also get tablets with 3G. Skype should not be big deal if you have wifi/3G. I have not used it for office documents but there are office editors available in the android market.
    I am planning to buy one for me soon (ASUS Transformer Prime). You can easily get an entry level laptop and tablet in 70K :).
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Sorry very late reply! You can go for a acer Aspire Timeline X! 2Gb Nvidia Optimus graphics, 750GB Hdd, 8Gb ram, 9 hours battery, and very very thin.

Only for 46K or so. + U can buy a Samsung galaxy R too!! :D

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Sorry very late reply! You can go for a acer Aspire Timeline X! 2Gb Nvidia Optimus graphics, 750GB Hdd, 8Gb ram, 9 hours battery, and very very thin.

Only for 46K or so. + U can buy a Samsung galaxy R too!! :D
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    For your gaming needs, it is better to limit yourself to a Windows OS based PC.

Get something with the following specs/similar specs:
    Processor- i5 processor, Sandybridge.
    RAM- 6GB/8GB DDR3 RAM.
    GPU- 1GB/2GB GPU preferably 256-Bit.
    Windows 64-Bit OS.

500GB or above HDD is sufficient. Check Dell/Acer India website.
  10. yayy!!!
    ordered a dell xps 15 today
    it costed around 60k
    i5 2540 processor
    6 gb ram
    2 gb graphic card
    and 500gb hard disk
    with hd display
    and the most important feature

thanks for the sugesstions :)