1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Jeep Grand Cherokee MY 2014

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by amogh, Feb 12, 2013.

1. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

1 person likes this.
  2. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

It says, Price about 20 Lacs for jeep Cherokee.........definitely waiting for it :grin:
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You beauty!! Baby Cherokee (Jeep Liberty) was due for a replacement & what a looker:mischievous!
    I read the rumours that instead of typical off-roader Macho looking Jeep Liberty (like a Wrangler etc.), they were planning for a "Cross over" on Lengthened & widened FIAT's C-EVO platform. Most strengthened & rigid chassis with first in it's class all wheel independent suspension, spawned the most safe & rigid car in EURO N CAP's history in C/D Segment ever, The ALFA-ROMEO Giulietta. The new 5 series was 2nd after Giulietta!

If this is what they have come up with, o my my!! Even the Japanese who make SUVs for America by reverse engineering the American's SUVs, were making Cross Over on their own by raising Corolla platforms:-D. I was like... what the hell wrong with Chrysler, They should have a Xover/Semi-offroader in their line-up. What is it to be a Macho & getting bankrupted!

This beauty is at the top of the my list along with Evoque for the best looking SUV, would love to see in metal before any head on comparison between the two (look wise, i have driven none of them). Thanks for sharing the information buddy. Don't know about FIAT's future in India but in US, they are kicking butts real hard!
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

If same dedication and concentration is given to Indian market, i bet FIAT surely can kiss some a**es here too. Oh my i really wish that happens soon enough.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Buddy, That is lame journalism from Motorbeam. Grand Cherokee was launched recently & it's replacement is not going to happen at least till 2016. This is not Jeep Cherokee that Motorbeam wants to talk about. It actually replacement of Jeep Liberty. Liberty is another model of jeep like Cherokee & Wrangler. Grand Cherokee was launched 2 yrs back only & it is good to go for another 3 yrs at least (with slight facelifts for sure). Next GC is planned in 2016.
    I got a good news for you, It will be an X-Over in Captiva/CRV category so 20-25 Lacs is actually possible. For GC, forget about anything less than 40 lacs even for base model.

It is replacement for this vehicle...

Google Image Result for http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/2012/01/2012-Jeep-Liberty-Jet-front-three-quarter-1024x640.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It's a correction pls, Motor-beam stands correct, It's Chrysler who has messed up! "New Jeep Liberty" is renamed as Jeep Cherokee now. Pls note that "GRAND CHEROKEE" is a different model than "Cherokee" now. The segmentation of Jeep is as below.

1. Compact (Cherokee)
    2. Mid-Size (Wrangler)
    3. Large (Grand Cherokee)

May be they saved cost of patenting a new name, instead called it Cherokee & their highest model can be distinguished with a GRAND only. They did reuse DART which was patented name during 70s of their Compact car.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Grand Cherokee front grill looks really good, somehow this new model's front grill doesn't suit the Jeep Charaacteristics. Really wish the Grand Cherokee in India instaed of the above model posted in motorbeam.

I found one photo from Google ( copyright to original owner who loaded it in Google). The below model is looking really good. Grand Cherokee is most welcome.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Both Cherokees will be launched now. GC is already being tested in India while "SINGLE C" is confirmed by Motorbeam!
  9. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Bro.. i am talking about Cherokee not GC. :). GC is straightway out of my budget!!

Note : DO NOT quote entire post while replying. Quote only the relevant parts. Read our rules carefully : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/announcements/9288-tfi-rules.html#post161515
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Under-any case you win. They are planning to put newly released Pentastar 3.2 ltr V6 in this baby Cherokee. O/Ps are yet to be released but we can guess by a bigger Pentastar in duty in GC, 3.6 ltr V6 & Dodge Charger. It's O/P ranges from 290 HP to 305 HP. That makes the specific O/P of 81-85 HP/Ltr. By that calculation, safe to assume anything over 250 HP. That is monster of a power in CRV/Fortuner/Endeavour/Captiva category. Diesel version is going to be FIAT's 2 Ltr MJD, 170 HP & 360 NM, not bad at all!! I trust Motorbeam on their quote of 20 lacs because that is avg. prize for this segment. You pls be ready for an even bigger surprise though, Indian Public is surely going to rush for a JEEP = 20 Lacs. I just pray they are sold in separate dealerships & not by TATA-FIAT's. It's not for service... because i never had one for my 90 HP but the reason that as soon as sheeps find out that it's related to a FIAT somehow, here they flee! FIAT is trying to improve brand image by associating FIAT with Maserati/Jeep/Ferrari. Well guess what, FIAT image is not going to change no matter what they do but future of Maserati, Jeep & even Ferrari will be doomed in India:grin:.

They are also bringing a new C Segment 2014-15 as confirmed already. That would surely be a mass produced vehicle in range of 10 lacs with 1.6 MJD obviously.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013