1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Issue in my Linea - AC / Fuel Indicator

Discussion in 'Technical' started by GP_Freak, Sep 22, 2014.

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys, the problems are back in my Linea. Trust this time the car will not be in service center for 45 days long like last time.

1. Vibrations in the car when AC is switched on. This is observed during idle. The Vibrations ranges from very minor to Heavy ones. This goes of after a couple of second after the AC is switched off.
    2. Tak or Khat noise when switching on or off the AC. Looks like due to the magnetic clutch in the compressor when its engaging or disengaging. This noise was present for last one year and more and didn't want to look in to this issue until there were other problems other than this sound.( now the time is right)
    3. ODO flashing after my last 40k service and it stopped by itself miraculously.
    4. Fuel Indicator not working after the 40K service and orange light flashing continuously. ( God help me that this is not an issue with the low pressure fuel pump in the fuel tank. If so am screwed). Has any one faced this particular issue due to reasons other than fuel pump float issue ?
    5. Head light switching off from high beam and switching to low beam automatically.
    6. Stupid vibrations from the Air filter and the engine cover.
    7. Damn Rust problems here and there. Its creeping up from underneath the paint.:banghead: Had pointed out two months back, RDC guys took the picture then, but god knows what they did with it. Guess they slept on it. Took picture again this Saturday.
    8. Service reminder not reset. Will be done.
    9. Check number plate issue not resolved during last service, have asked them to do it properly.
    10. Front left door open lever vibration. Was not resolved last time, have asked them to do it properly. Ya I could fix it myself, but no patience.

For point 1 and 2 related to AC, the culprit more or so looks like the compressor as the vibration is kind of pulsing. But before that, I will anyways ask the service center team to look at the electrical parts.
    • Alternator to be checked whether to identify it is due to alternator loading. Most probably this will not be the case as there is no vibration when high beam and Fogs are on. Note that the set up is 100/80 W and the headlights alone would take 360 watts in High beam + 110 watts for the Fogs. So that is 470 watts of light power which a good load to check the alternator.
    • Radiator fan to be checked. Just in case to be cautious before they keep the hands in the AC and set up and cost money.
    Opening this thread so other can comment if they have faced a similar issue and what was the root cause of the problem.

Also once the issues gets rectified one by one, will post it here so that it will serve as a reference for others.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That's a long list out there

Why 45 days?
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Concorde messed up with the fuel tank lip where the low pressure fuel pump sits and due it diesel started to leak. They handed over the car three times stating that leak has been arrested, only to find that it was leaking more when fuel was filled fully.
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Updates.

Appointment was fixed to pick up the car on 22/9. ie: Monday. Car was picked up lazily around 12 - 12.30 Pm citing non availability of drivers as reason.
    • No Work done on Monday.
    • Bay Allotted on Tuesday noon I guess.
    • No feedback to tell about status even on Tuesday evening.
    • Wednesday no updates till I happen to call RDC.
    1. The Radiator fan seems to be the reason for the Vibration and Noise as per their findings. So it costs some 10k. Is it covered under extended warranty ? Please comment ASAP.
    2. Fuel Gauge not working issue due to rat bite on the sensor wire. Thank god its not a fuel pump issue:banhappy:. Cost around 700 for the wires.
    Feeling a little happy that ASC made much progress so soon in just 2.5 days. May be because of the detailed written down instruction on what to check and in what order:rolleyes:. I was expecting Fiat to take at least a week to come to this level.
    punto11 likes this.
  5. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bump :

Is Radiator Fan covered under extended warranty ? RDC says it is not covered under extended warranty.
  6. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
  7. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, RDC is saying it was used to be covered under extended warranty, but RDC Ambattur team is saying that the company providing extended warranty has stopped now for some electrical parts it seems. So extended warranty for Radaiator Fan is not applicableo_O ?

Damn, just so pissed off :banghead::banghead::banghead:
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2014 ---
    5th Day in RDC. They are taking their own sweet time to resolve the said issues. Thank god I am having a trusted work horse Maruthi as backup. Fiat seriously needs to work on improving Turn Around Time for Service.

Email has been sent to Fiat for Issues with Extended warranty for the Radiator Fan. Trust Fiat will not let me down.
  8. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    I am also curious to know the cause of your issue no.1 as my old wagonR is facing this problem.
  9. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Updates:

Mail to Fiat and Mangesh did the trick. Fiat will replace the Radiator fan motor under goodwill.

Please note that for new cars it is said that Fan motors assy is not covered under extended warranty.Somebody check and comment.

In my case it was the radiator fan assy.
  10. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am still not sure what RDC guys are doing. Its the 8th day today and I am yet to get my car back :banghead:. Am I the only one facing such poor turnaround time with RDC - Fiat or other too ? I think its only me who is getting such second hand treatment. Being so used to ultra fast Turnaround times from Maruthi, I think Fiat is too slow or lagging behind.:(