1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Hatch from M&M - Vibe

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Apr 11, 2013.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

@Ganges Bhai- No ! :p LOL .. Nahi i drove the Verito with a Chipped Linea side by side, and guess what Linea was slower! :A

Slower in In-Gear Timings..

Imran Bhai I had a logan before.. I know it hurts but it does pull well.. Try a proper drag race with it, not joking. You will see how nicely Renault has tuned it.

To the above "Hurts" statement- Hurts in the sense paying 10L Rupees and getting almost the same 0-100 timings..
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Totally agreed on this,we need interior cabin "HD Cam,Neuro Sensors,Motion Sensors,Blood pressure checks list continues" to read the behaviour of both the drivers :D

P.S Driving is not about how much FAST you are going.
    2 people like this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It was not Renault Logan, it was Mahindra Logan:D! Remove chip from Linea and you will discover, its faster without it.Don't know about drag races etc, I witnessed a 2009 and 86 hp linea clocking over 185 km/hr packed with 4 hefty people. FYI it was "test drive Linea" still crying for it's 1st oil change at 17000 Kms. I liked Fiat earlier but real madness started from the day onwards.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

@jishnu agreed... Logan wins in a drag race in 0-100. Now let's talk about speeds above 100 ???

Which car's steering feels more confident at 150 ? Which cars brakes inspire confidence even at 140 assuring thay you ll come to a halt ? Which car remains stable and planted on the road at 160 ?

Ask these questions to yourself mate, you ll get the answer for "why we pay 10L for a Linea?"

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    This would entirely depend on the driver though. The one who understands the gear ratio of Linea will still go ahead. I can't buy the argument of Logan/Verito being faster than Linea in 0-100.

PS:- I don't trust the figures from mag guys.
    2 people like this.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

@ramjn true.. but looks like jishnu isn't convinced about it :)

Auto magazines praise i20 to be faster than Punto 90HP, they say Punto is sluggish. But out on highways my Punto 90HP has outsmarted many i20s effortlessly.

Personally, I never felt Punto 90HP to be sluggish till date. It's been over 9400 kms am driving it and the engine has never been disappointing to me !!!

In the end, its all about understanding the car and only a right driver could extract the most out of it :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Very true. I do that regularly with my 75hp. Through the winding highways here littered with speed bumps and rumble strips the i20s cannot manage a steady 60kmph.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

If you had said,outright performance i would have agreed,but in gear acceleration figures are pretty good for a Linea,they were once best in class,till the likes of Vento and Rapid came in.