1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Hatch from M&M - Vibe

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Apr 11, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Just saw the car in flesh and blood. The dealer had brought it down for a TD that someone had requested and I happened to be there on a smoke break. This is one real piece of work. The interior plastics are cheap, the seat upholstery is cheap, the music system is cheap, everything about the car is pretty much cheap. To add insult to injury, the car comes with OE smoked headlamps, alloys and an over-sized chrome exhaust tip.

When I was there looking at the car, I overheard the SE saying to someone - "Sir, this car has 172 mm GC, it is the best in its class" :evilsmile. The boot opens funnily - The rear wind shield stays in place and only the lower portion opens, much like a sedan. It is almost like a sedan without the overhang.

Don't even bother to ask me if I took pictures or if I took a TD. My reaction was the same as I would react if I see a piece of crap lying in my path. I walked away, giving this joke a wide berth. If the car still manages to sell in good numbers, then it proves 2 things:

1. The average Indian car buyer has a very poor taste
    2. The manufacturer knows exactly that and builds this POS, to suit that taste

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Horrible. I don't even want this to be seen in front of me in the traffic. I pray for this.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai

nice review patchboy. A piece of junk and crap.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I was not fortunate. :)

Happen to see the Vibe next to me at the Tidel Park signal yesterday. I couldn't express it in a word how horrible was that.
    1 person likes this.
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    The Car was showcases in a mall here. The sales person was asking passer by's to look in to it. I went and peeked through window and returned, it just looks so cheap that spending time on it is a waste, forget about money.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I saw a bunch of Vibes outside the Velacherry Mahindra showroom and for a second I thought I time traveled to the 80's :D

The car reminds me of the design of Standard Rover. Smoked headlights are damn funny as patchyboy said
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I know you are trying to be decent in best ways possible but lets try to recall the very first thought coming to your mind, KILL THIS UGLY SON OF @#$%^&&:p
    1 person likes this.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    But Guys, don't hit me, I kind of like Mahindra's courage in bringing up a car with retro design :D
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ There is no HIT button. Otherwise I would hit 100 times to your post. :D
    1 person likes this.
  10. jet

jet Timido

bangalore
    they thought of building indian version of lancia delta integrale :evilsmile

delta-hf-integrale-cooling-fan-wiring-diagram.jpg
    6 people like this.