1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Hatch from M&M - Vibe

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Apr 11, 2013.

1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Looks are subjective and it looks ugly to me, period. But by no way anyone can take away the reliability of the engine. I saw some of the taxi meters over 200000+ kms and still the car is driving smooth. AC is working good. M&M has good service network too, so won't be a roadblock for buyer to get it serviced. Also as its on Verito platform, i m sure, lots of part are practically the same.

Indian mass mentality is still a car is for commute from point A to point B with sufficient comfort. If one has elderly people at home, then this backseat comfort is a must. Add on to that is servicing facility of the company.

Enthusiasts are a very very small portion of the buyers. And I am sure this car is not aimed at them.
    1 person likes this.
  2. 'Ugly' is the one of the USP for the Indian car makers. Example Fluidics, Dzire, Xylo Bros etc. So no doubt this car will sell in decent numbers. I appreciate M&M to have managed to make this less uglier compared to xylos but the Price is the Ugliest. This car should have been in the Indica range.
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes, if you get the car with an older TATA TDI type diesel engine, but not with a Renault dCI engine.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    welcome all to the new 'Sporty Taxi in town'
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ugly is subjective. Edmunds lists the 100 most ugly cars of all times. The list includes Ferrari, Rolls Royce, BMW amongst others. The according to them, the most ugliest car of all time - 2014 Lamborghini Veneno

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Did they miss to assess cars manufactured in India? :D
  7. jet

jet Timido

bangalore
    if they had , which car/s would be in the list ?

8. I do agree that looks could be subjective. But for an average or an above average person, THE reason for buying a car is rarely its beauty. There ARE other concerns as well. Once the other criteria are similar, a person may look for beauty.

I found that there were no Fiats in the ugliest 100 list...
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    It may come a surprise but they tried to copy the Palio to create the vibe. The rear, that is. Look closely.
    There is enough discussion on this on another LEADING forum :)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You should have asked which cars would not be in the list. :D

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2