1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Hatch from M&M - Vibe

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Apr 11, 2013.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes absolutely..as it is offering good cabin + boot space..Vibe would definitely Take on Taxi segment. M&M service presence all over india is + point.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah ideal for Airport Taxi, After the Padmini.....
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Spare Tire Location for hatchback.Good one... :evilsmile

sparetire.jpg
  4. Yahoo says it's an SUV...

but it looks like a hatch.

nah.. it's my mistake. the article was all about SUVs so i mistook that yahoo considered vibe as an SUV.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Oh Man! That does it. I am not going to crawl under to get the spare wheel.
    This killed whatever little respect I had for this car.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    But the wheel does look meaty. 185/70 R14 says the brochure, which is better than what is provided in some variants of our own FIAT. I think we are commenting following typical Indian herd mentality. Some one says it looks ugly and all of us collectively nod in agreement. None of us have done a TD. Not sure if any of us have even seen the car in flesh and blood. We really don't know how well or poorly the car is built. I personally think that the 1 series beemer is an eyesore. I owned a 3 series when I was living Down Under and thought that was the most beautiful thing that existed. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder said the bard, and so right he was.

I personally feel that it is this behaviour that makes people think that FIAT lovers are Fanboys. True, FIAT is a class above the rest, but our belittling everything else is not helping. Let some of us do a TD, post an unbiased report and take this discussion forward, instead of bashing it up collectively, without getting a first hand personal hands-on experience. The Duster is a run away success, in spite of setting a new benchmark for poor plastics in the interiors. Go figure.

Rajan

PS: Now, where is my fire retardant suit? I am going to get flamed :D
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    7 people like this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Rajan I have driven Mahindra Verito out of curiosity. Just coz my brother worked at Mahindra I have had a chance to test drive all the vehicles under Mahindra badge.

I must say the car is totally fit to be a taxi and nothing else. Good on space, Good on mileage (Kitna deti hai factor) and good service coverage. Period.

In no ways a true drive enthusiast would ever like that. To know more about it, drive a Linea and Verito back to back :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    And what else does an average Indian car buyer want? Not everyone is an enthusiast and most people buy a car so they can commute in comfort. All I am saying is this - let us not get into a bashing spree, without experiencing it.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Exactly,what i want to say.
    Pick 100 drivers and 90 wont give a damn about how the car handles and how the suspension behaves.
    Reliability is without niggles is what matters to them,this is the reason why Maruti's and Hyundai's are setting sales chart on Fire.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Cool down guys. None talked about the car's capability. It is only the looks which is being criticized. Looks are subjective and I personally see this as one of the ugliest car. Some feel the same. And any normal car buyer may like it too as India never cares about the looks. :)

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.