1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New girl friend in town, the red hot sexy punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by puntofreak, Mar 3, 2014.

1. puntofreak

puntofreak Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    Delhi to Bhubaneswar

I was about to take the delivery of my car during the last week of December 2013, when I got transfer letter from my company from Delhi to Bhubaneswar office. I was really happy because Bhubaneswar was my hometown.

I could not decide if I should take the delivery of the vehicle at Delhi or not. Then I decided to cancel booking and purchase from Bhubaneswar. Called the Fiat dealer at Bhubaneswar, but got a higher quote. At the same time I informed Delhi dealer to cancel booking. Delhi dealer gave me good idea to take the vehicle from Delhi to Bhubaneswar with some more discount on the previous deal. I bargained with Bhubaneswar dealer and also considered the option from Delhi dealer. Finally after all permutation and combination, I found taking car from Delhi cheaper....atleast 40k cheaper.

I had 2 options then.
    1. Take the car by packers n movers
    2. Drive it

As the car was brand new, I did not want to give it to packers n movers guys and decided to drive it. I read a lot about travel options and experiences from TeamBHP. The distance was approx. 1800kms. Travelling such a long distance alone was out of question. Hence called one known driver from Odisha, who charged me 6000. Fuel expense was around 5000 and toll taxes around 2000. Halting and other expenses were around 5000. So total transportation cost was 18000 INR.

I had finalized Delhi-Agra-Varanasi-Durgapur-Balasore-Bhubaneswar route. But due to some unfortunate incident I took Delhi-Agra-Varanasi-Ranchi-Keonjhar-Bhubaneswar route.

On 28[SUP]th[/SUP] December we started our journey from Delhi at 05:00am. Took Yamuna Expressway and reached Agra by 08:00am. Tried to keep the speed low as the engine was new, but could not. By evening we reached Varanasi. We were tired and decided for night halt there.

Next day we started at 03:00am. By 11:00am we crossed UP and enter Jharkhand. We were moving on the NH2 suddenly one dog came infront and crashed. Front bumper was damaged along with the radiator. I had no other option but to call Fiat customer care. They suggested me to drive the car to Ranchi service station. It was almost 120kms from the place where accident took place. The roads were not good too. Anyway we took it to Ranchi. The Ranchi dealer replaced the radiator which cost me around 4500. Fibre wielding for the crack on the bumper cost me 1000 bucks. Did not have time to claim insurance and I did not want to claim it too. The whole process took almost 3 hrs. It was evening and I decided to stay that night in Ranchi.

Again on 30[SUP]th[/SUP] December morning we started our journey from Ranchi. Some recommended us not to take Ranchi-Jamshedpur route as the road was horrible. We took the Ranchi-Keonjhar route through Hatgamharia. Though the overall road was good, but a 10-15kms patch in between was almost like adventure travel. Road was pretty bad and through hilly maoist areas. I would admit, due to the excellent ground clearance of punto, we could cross that 15k. Finally reached Keonjhar in the afternoon and then Bhubaneswar in the night. If anybody is willing to travel from Varanasi to Bhubaneswar please do not choose this route. Infact Varanasi-Durgapur-Balasore-Cuttack route is far better. And even if you travel, avoid travelling during night.

After reaching Odisha, I had to register it. The temporary registration was valid for 30 days and I got everything done before time. I had to pay 2% and 5% sales tax and road tax respectively. One broker took 2000 bucks and did everything for me including registration.
    2 people like this.
  2. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Delhi to bhubneshwar in punto great brother...keep burn the road with this ultimate machine. Happy motoring

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. puntofreak

puntofreak Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3
    We just celebrated her 2nd birthday with the 3rd free servicing and a full detailing. Odometer reading as on date is around 25000 Kms.

All free servicing are done timely at FASS. Expenses incurred for the consumables were 0, 5500 & 5700 INR for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd servicing respectively.

She has performed well and running absolutely smooth. She has travelled the longest distance of around 1800 km covered in 2.5 days when I brought her from Delhi to Bhubaneswar. She has aslo travelled to very remote locations few times with around 500-600 km per day drive. Never faced a breakdown or any major issue. With the time her performance has become better and better.

After the last servicing I have driven her around 500 kms. There is an improvement. I got a mileage of 22 km/ltr on highways and 19-20 km/ltr inside city both with 30% time ac on.

Some minor issues were faced by me during my past 2 years of ownership. Each and every issue was attended and resolved by FASS. However there are two current issues which FASS has assured me to resolve if they become more pronounced. One is some karr karr sound while turning the steering to extreme right and the second is the problem with steering mounted control (e.g. media pauses while increasing or decreasing volume or changing tracks. It does not happen always)

Overall I am happy and hope her to remain like this in futureā€¦

Upload1.jpg Upload2.jpg Upload3.jpg
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    @puntofreak your ride looks gorgeous mate
    Keep munching miles
    & I am about to celebrate 2nd year of my car