1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Fiat Uno - Reaching India by Year End !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by VahanPujari, May 25, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You got it said right dude Sumit, Will FIAT india ever listen to us, now its the time to get the new brand at the competitive price as the Japanese market is fallen down.
  2. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal
    on fiat global site fiat.com , its the same version which is discontinued in india few days ago.
    would u please share some pictures of new model ::O

i want to have a look
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    I for one feel palio (new or old) won't be as exciting for fiat sales number as a car like UNO (with different name) priced close to figo. Its not a long ago that Fiat discontinued Palio, bringing it again so soon may not work.
  4. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal
    fiat still to launch a tall boy car...eg panda, Uno, idea etc
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    [attachment=0:3siyy8ji]2011_Fiat_Palio_1.jpg[/attachment:3siyy8ji]

i think Fiat India shud bring this version of Palio soon.

2011_Fiat_Palio_1.jpg
  6. +1 to the above, FIAT should revive the Palio brand (which had a strong connect with any and every FIAT lover), what a neat looking version the above is and they should launch it with 1.3 MJD diesel . Follow it up with solid marketing that Palio + MJD = 20+kmpl ! This should bury the previous image of gas guzzler that palio had and leverage the good equity of sturdy Palio and MJD, I think this might just turn it around for them...

As for the UNO, I mean if there's anything going for Fiat in India its the design and the looks. The current version of Uno is an absolute departure from the 'superior design' philosphy. While the specs are good, the tall boy makes sense, a bit SUVish, but still looks do matter (case in point Logan). Logan's a fantastic car but its so much plane-jane and thats why doesnt sell as much. Another example is Etios, it isn't radically different from Logan in design but has enough Design Quotient (curves) for one to call it a car and not a box (thats where Toyota has been smart)

Now the Indian consumer has a plethora of choices, any manufacturer for that matter cannot sell ugly looking cars anymore, at least not expect to sell volumes. The segment in which UNO will get placed is bluddy competitive, you can't afford to miss out on design completely. Look at Nissan Micra for that matter, fantastic front end but the quirky rear hasn't gone down too well with the audience. It would be down right stupid to launch UNO in the avtar as show in the pics on this thread.
  7. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    i'm loving the small SUV look. bring it on Fiat
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Any idea about the successor of Linea? Fiat should start doing the ground work for it.
  9. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal
    i agree with you but
    people in india love tall boy car there are few examples Maruti ritz , estilo, wagonr, santro, beat, jazz etc
    even the micra has a good headroom (Height = 1525mm)
    uno is the latest design launched in brasil 2010

i think Panda and Uno are designed better than these, looks are also nice for a car around 4 lkh

Ground clearence is good
    visibility is good
    less turning radius
    suvish

sales of tallboy car

Chevrolet

Spark : 3267
    Beat : 3338

Maruti

Omni : 8059
    WagonR : 14186
    SX4 : 2159
    Eeco : 5886
    Swift : 11353
    A-Star : 4124
    Ritz : 6046
  10. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal

The black side panels protects it from scratches
    black bumpers no need for paint job (extra cost)
    fiat could launch two models with these panels and Without these

fiat-novo-uno-way-14-1273080162517_560x400.jpg

Fiat-Uno_2011_1600x1200_wallpaper_03.jpg

novo-fiat-uno-oficial-01.jpg

img.jpg

car_photo_370066_7.jpg