1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Fiat Punto MJD lying with the Dealer

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by yen_susheel, Jul 14, 2014.

1. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,

I have booked Punto MJD in the month of June. Vehicle got delivered to the showroom on 2nd July. I was told by my parents that as there is no auspicious time until 27th July, I need to wait until 27th this month to take the delivery of the car. I have left my vehicle at the showroom. The vehicle has been registered as well. Now I am concerned if anyone will fiddle with the Engine parts and other. Is it safe to leave the car for so many days at the dealer. Please advice.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is no easy answer to this. On one side you have the beliefs and then this matter of faith on dealer. If the dealer is not worthy of your trust in the first place that raises many other questions.

Ask someone you trust, a friend or relative to take delivery of the vehicle and hold it for you till 27th.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ifs & buts are always there Susheel.
    But don't worry as you are waiting for the auspicious day then you need to trust the dealer as well.

Also it's dealer's responsibility to deliver your car on the mentioned day without any hassle so cool.
    1 person likes this.
  4. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    It is Vecto Motors Hosur Road Bangalore. I am going once in a while to have a look at the car.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is natural to have heightened anxiety about a new car you buy. I think you have two options, either one suggested by me or rishike007's suggestion which is better for you. Have a chat about the car with the sales guy who you dealt with at dealership. A verbal assurance should count for something.

Besides if car is agreeably at dealership they are responsible to deliver it in proper condition to you. You already have the PDI list right? You cannot reject the car on basis of PDI now but check again for yourself later while collecting it. Besides a new car comes with Warranty and you must have taken EW also. So there really isn't much to worry about. :)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It has been mentioned in the opening post that the car is already registered in his name so the PDI etc. does not come into picture but yes as advised by you, a second PDI can be done during delivery which won't be able to help much as the PDI mostly identifies defects in body, paint, dashboard, leather/fabric, control stalks, horn, AC switches, stereo etc. Its a case of payment made and car registered by a time interval between purchase and delivery. Besides, verbal assurance isn't very assuring as the dealership, if not honest, wont say that they will not take care of the car or remove parts. Susheel cant be straightforward in asking about the parts removing fear he has.

@Susheel- I have not heard of any such incidences at Vecto. TFI member nkrishnap knows a few Vecto guys so maybe you can send him a PM for assurance. At best you can ask the dealership regarding the safety of the car to which the dealership guys will have a standard reply by all businessmen that dont worry your car is safe. So I would not count on it.

First of all, is the car stored at the showroom or the service centre? I feel that a car is safer at showroom, in case there is some doubt of parts swap.

Secondly, as the delivery date has been selected based on beliefs and advise by the parents so you do not really have a choice. You may confirm with your parents whether by delivery they mean the delivery of the car from dealership or brining home the car? In other words, is it ok if the car is picked up from the dealership and stored at some friend's place where is space in the garage?

Thirdly, in most cases of unfair and unprofessional dealerships, mostly it is 1-2 people doing the wrongful acts usually in the service centre (I say this based on my experience with authorized TATA service centres in Chandigarh) and the entire dealership name gets spoiled by these idiots. So don't worry especially if the car is in the showroom rather than the service centre.

Also, your car was there at the dealership stockyard also so if they are really in desperate need of a spare part they could have changed it at the stockyard as well.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes since the car is registered the PDI list will serve as a reminder of items to check, is what I meant. Technically it will be a PDI with no binding to the dealership. But imagine, if something like a glaring issue comes to notice, surely the dealer must take note of the same and do the needful for customer satisfaction. In such a case, denying accepting the delivery is possible and contacting Fiat ASAP can be done, if there is clear or major foul play at dealer end; which can be taken higher up.

Susheel is not meant to be straightforward and blunt with them, but surely he can ask these guys to take utmost care of his car.

Keeping car in showroom also mean it is touched and opened by other customers. I had been to a Skoda showroom with a friend of mine, and a well customized sold Rapid was there for everyone to touch and sit in; which I found a bit strange, since sale was already made.
    1 person likes this.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Arey sir ji, by showroom I meant the parking of the showroom. I should have clarified in my last post. Need ro run to college and will be back in the evening with a few more points. :)
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Was this auspicious period thing known to you when you booked the car? If yes, then you could have delayed the registration & delivery accordingly. If not then thats bad planning on your part. Sorry dont mean to hurt your sentiments, but what are you achieving by taking the delivery post 27th July?

If I were you, I wouldnt trust even the best dealership however I am assured of the safety of the vehicle. I would take the delivery and keep it in my safe custody. You shouldnt regret tomorrow of not picking up the vehicle at the first instance. Brick bats are welcome.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Yashik sure it could be better, but somebody needs to be in-charge of keeping it safe anyways be it open or stilt parking. There can always be problems in parking spaces also.

That is why I said there is no easy answer to this. To summarize as per Girish's suggestion here, best to get the car collected if dealer cannot be trusted or not to take any chances or as per suggested by Rishikesh earlier, simply have some faith; would make life easier for everyone. The pros and cons of trusting or dealing with the dealer I too have mentioned before :)

Either leave the beliefs or have faith in the dealer and try your luck. It's tricky but not catch-22.. ::D
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014