1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Fiat Punto Evo.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by basis, Mar 10, 2011.

1. SankalpDesai

SankalpDesai Timido

Pune
    HELP S-O-S!!!

Friends,

I have booked a Fiat Punto 90hp Tuscan Wine in Mumbai. Today, I read on ACI that a new facelifted version of Punto is around the corner. I am in a HUGE dilemma.

Should I hold my order for the new Punto Evo or go ahead with my current booking of 90hp Punto??? Please advise. @amogh @mods - Kindly advise on this issue soon.
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Go ahead with the present 90hp Grande Punto.

The bit of news on Autocar is just speculation and not an official word from FIAT.

There has been a talk of 1.6 MJD Linea for as long as i can remember and its nowhere near its launch in India, so we shouldnt go by speculative rumors.

The present GP is a class in itself and many of our friends here prefer the present Punto to the Punto Evo.

Gurjinder.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Facelifted version doesnot mean that FIAT is going to launch Punto EVO. FIAT is just changing the interiors of the car from BLACK& GRAY to BLACK & BEIGE. Nothing is going to change as per my information.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I seriously doubt ACI's report about the Evo coming so soon to India. Even if Fiat is bringing in the Evo, they would do themselves a favour by bringing it with bigger & better engines. Equip it with the 1.4 T-Jet and 1.6 MJD engines. Retaining the current engines will only see the Evo flopping as badly as the current Punto.

Wake up Fiat! People are not liking the initial response of the engine's in your cars.

I feel Fiat should take a call to position their cars as more sporty and life style oriented then competition. Forget volumes. You don't have it in you to become a volume player in India. Do what's your forte. Launch your cars with better engines and performance and position them as fun to drive cars with decent fuel economy too.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat needs to understand that if looks could sell : Punto would have been selling in much larger numbers !! The problem lies elsewhere : not with the looks.

If we take a poll I bet most would still prefer the current look of the Punto. The interiors do need an upgrade though.

Fiat -
    Get rid of the 1.2 engine and bring in the Multi Air
    Get rid of the 1.4 engine plonk the 1.4 T-Jet in the Punto
    Get rid of the 1.3 76 HP and only offer the 1.3 90 HP

You won't need a Punto evo then !!

@Sankalp : Go ahead and get the 90 HP Punto. The Evo is not coming and nor is the 1.6 Linea
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Going by past history of Fiat launches, I do not foresee anything happening before the Auto Show 2012. Any major announcements are likely to be made then, with playing field more or less clear with all major manufacturers having launched their offerings.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    We badly need a small car for India as it was said by CEO long back, when is it going to launch?????????????,
    if priced well with the competitor it will be a boom..............,
    The present Punto and Linea has its own fun, please dont change it as the change will cost money and it will drop the sale gradually.
  8. as per reports there is a small car for masses in the pipeline in 2012.
    hope they will lauch it at the auto expo...
    then go on sale immediately and turn the fortunes around for fiat in the sales of cars and not engines...
    just like fiesta and figo did for ford
  9. SankalpDesai

SankalpDesai Timido

Pune
    Even I don't like the exteriors of the Evo, hence I don't care whether they launch it or not.

But if at all Fiat launches a facelifted version of the current Punto, I stand to loose on the much required Interior overhaul. The Black & Beige combination on the Linea is delicious and would defnitely make my day if the same goes in Punto too. Also the improved plastic quality, if any.

Bad bad timing.