1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Fiat Punto Dynamic[Diesel]–Re occuring electrical Failure – Purchased 3Aug13

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by arvindiway, Aug 29, 2013.

1. arvindiway

arvindiway Timido

Hi All,
    I purchased a brand new Fiat Punto Diesel from Dealer CAI, Avinashi Rd Coimbatore on 3rd August 2013.
    It’s been less than a month, I have clocked 505 Kms [drove from Coimbatore to Bangalore].
    On day one just after delivery we drove the car to nearby temple(Eachanari, Coimbatore), after coming out of temple and trying to start the car it didn’t start.
    CAI sent service men and they said the new battery that came with the car had no charge and replaced it with a charged old battery.
    We were able to start the car then.
    On 5th August CAI replaced the old battery in the car with its original new battery fully charged.
    I drove the car to Bangalore on 5th August.
    Next morning car did not start, even the remote(key) was not working.
    When I contacted Fiat helpline, they sent a technician to jumpstart my car and took it to Vecto Motors, Hosur Rd.
    They replaced my battery(Exide) with a new one(Amaron) and informed that battery acid has leaked and it is resolved.
    But again on the next morning the car did not start as usual.
    Vecto Motors took the car [jumpstarted and took it to showroom] and car was there for 2 days.
    Then Vecto Motors after analysis informed me that the front left door latch was faulty hence the battery was draining continuously.
    Therefore they replaced the latch and said everything would be fine however after 3 days same issue occurred and the car was with service center [Vecto Motors] since 18th August and when I called up today(Aug 28th) they said there is an issue with power window relay and they have replaced and kept under observation and it should be resolved now.

To summarize,
    1. Faulty latch
    2. Faulty power window relay
    3. Found rust on the right side just under the bonnet
    4. Car has died on me 4 times and been sent to service center each time after jump start.

Dear Readers,
    I am a complete newbie when it comes to cars and have no experience in dealing with such situations. I don’t know how to get this issue resolved. It has hurt my sentiments being my first car and hardly used it for 2 days the car has spent more time in service center than me using it.

1. What is ECU Failure / EOBD failure(just before the car died I saw a warning like this)
    2. Are they telling the truth that “it is faulty circuit issue due grounding problems hence battery is getting drained”
    3. What are my options?
    a. Can I ask them to replace my car?
    b. How do I escalate the issue and get resolution?
    c. Can I get a refund?

Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

I feel sorry for the things that has happened. But am sure the problems would be rectified and you would be able to drive the car back normal.

If you still feel that you are not satisfied then you could always file a case against the company and get the things moving.
  3. Please be patient with this initial phase,car should work normally after.
  4. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Hi, this is really unfortunate, is it resolved, if u are not fully satisfied, please ask them to replace the car.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Write a mail to FIAT . This is a Quality issue and it has to be immediately reported. I would advice you ask for a replacement.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2