1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dhaya76, Oct 24, 2013.

1. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    I was strongly discouraged for a change in horn (I wanted a skoda type horn) since it can void the warranty.
  2. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks aruncep, I will leave it with the inbuilt horn since it affects the warranty.
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Will the warranty be void for Interior and auxillary lights as well?
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Arun, I had a chat with the service engineer in RDC yesterday on horn, he advised me to install a separate horn instead of changing the inbuilt one. Doing this there wont be any void in the warranty of the inbuilt horn, only thing is if the new horn blows off, we have to fix it on our own cost. Is the same is your understanding as well.
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    For the second horn definitely you will have to do separate wiring right and AFAIK that will void our warranty. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    He told me that the second horn will not have any warranty from FIAT but the inbuilt one will still have. But let me get it double confirmed and update.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    What variant is your car. AFAIK the top variants come with 2 horns (hi and low tone) by default and both are you replaceable under warranty.

If there is only one horn by default, the wiring for the second horn will be there but you will not get an aftermarket horn with the same connector type, so the wire has to be stripped to install a aftermarket horn.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I have all kinds of aftermarket horns and aftermarket headlights and fortunately my warranty is still not void and I still get parts replaced under extended warr.

As long one does not do all kinds of obvious colorful wiring in the engine bay and put up bling bling lights all around the car, don't think too much about the warranty guys, its just a term used by SCs to make sure u get everything done from them.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Checked with the service engineer and he confirmed that, you can install another horn with seperate cutout.

@VJ V1, you are right, unless we have some thing catches the eyes, we don't have issue with the warranty.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last two weeks were very busy for me, driving ... driving... driving... around 2600 kms since 26th Apr 2014 and another 2000 kms planned for the next two weekends. So far done 17,500 kms since I took delivery (today is 197th day to be more specific :p).

The car performance is excellent. Done service at 14,600 kms and I could see some mileage drop. I checked with SA and he confirmed that there is nothing has been modified other than standard 15K service. May be I will check for another 1000 kms.

The drive most of the time were in the evening and I could feel that the head lamp power wasn't that good even with the high beam. Any one changed the head lamps to higher power?