1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dhaya76, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Let me try answering some of your questions

1. Oil change is not mandatory for the first service and there would be no labour charges for the normal servicing for the first three services.
    2. Although it is not mandatory to change the engine oil, it would be great to do so after the first 5000 Kms since there may be some small metal particles in the oil as the engine sets in. Also, depending on the usage an oil change at 7500Kms might be a good idea too ( 100% city driving in a lot of traffic in dusty conditions would come under this category)
    3. Changing the engine oil would mean draining all the oil and then filling it, a top up would be just that topping up the oil without draining it.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Flywheel :).This helps a lot to me.The reason for these basic questions is that this our first car ever and just around 48 days old :-D
    1 person likes this.
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The oil change is my option. The service engineer said it is sufficient to do only top-up, but I insisted for the change. As Flywheel rightly mentioned, the labour charges is for the oil change, otherwise it should be free for the first three service (like oil change, if you are going for any additional work then the labour charge will be there).
    1 person likes this.
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Finally I got the pictures uploaded (all photos taken from my mobile, please excuse me for the quality).

Chennai to Sankagiri details

Average Speed - 1.jpg

Chennai to Sankagiri Distance.jpg

Average Mileage-1.jpg

Taking rest at temple

Car Parked outside the temple.JPG

Sankagiri to Chennai details

Average Speed-2.jpg

Sankagiri to Chennai.jpg

Average Mileage-2.jpg

Overall

Overall Mileage.jpg

Overall Distance.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last week I had another 1000 kms drive from Chennai.

Chennai --> Trichy --> Thirunallar --> Trichy --> Chennai

Route Status: The drive was pleasant for Chennai - Trichy - Chennai. But from Trichy to Thirunallar wasn't that pleasant. Trichy to Thanjavour was good, but after that single two lane roads with lots of bends and bad roads. We have taken Trichy - Thanjavour - Thirvarur - Thirunallar route and able to reach around 3:30 hrs for 160 kms. On the way back to trichy we tried Thirunallar - Perallam - Kumbakonum - Thanjavour - Trichy. It is better to avoid this route because of the road conditions which is worse than the first route and you have to go through Kumbakonum town which is another task and took more than 4 hrs to reach home.

The Italian beauty did very well. This time I got an excellent mileage. Started around 4:45 am from home and reached around 10 am. I was driving around 2000 - 2200 rpm and the vehicle gave 25.2 kmpl. Also I could complete the journey in less than 5 hrs excluding breaks. While return I started from Trichy around 5:45 pm and reached Chennai around 11:15 pm. I completed the journey in 5:15 hrs excluding the breaks and similar drive got mileage of 24.8 kmpl. Overall I got mileage of 23 kmpl for the round trip.

Before service, I did a trip with similar speed and distance. I got 23.7 kmpl and now it is 25 kmpl (half the route is same) which is good and I believe the oil change also helped to increase the mileage.
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's great mileage that you have got, Dhaya.

For the route, I would have tried Chennai-Villupuram-Cuddalore-Chidambaram-Sirkazhi-Tharangambadi-Thirunallar.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the route, I didn't try this one.

Trichy is my native and I went there for another work and suddenly decided to visit Thirunallar with my parents.
  8. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    During the drive last weekend, I saw the ODO meter (km indicator) started blinking. I stopped the car in Vilupuram for breakfast and at that time the car has done 8050 kms. After I started from Vilupuram, I have noticed the ODO blinking. It stops when media player picks the next song and then started afterwards. No other lights were on. I stopped the car at Ulundurpet and after couple of mins, I restarted it and the issue was no longer there.

I initially thought it could be a service reminder kind of indicator but I am not sure about it. Does anyone faced this issue in Linea?
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ODO blinking indicates an error. The exact cause can be diagnosed using OBD scanners. If there is no blinking, just forget it for now. No issues.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks ramjn, after that it didn't. But I will keep an eye on the ODO.