1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dhaya76, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    4200 kms in less than two months, Awesome car

Dear All,

I first took my car on 18-Oct-2013 and after few formalities, I left the car in showroom for RTO formalities. Took the beauty on 22-Oct-2013 and from that point she is always on the drive. So far done three long drives.

1. Chennai - Trichy - Theni - Munnar - Udumalai - Salem - Chennai (1300 kms) --> Diwali
    2. Chennai - Tirupathi - Kalahasthi - Naidupet - Chennai (350 kms) --> Mid Nov
    3. Chennai - Coimbatore - Kangeyam - Sankagiri - Somanur (near coimbatore) - Sankagiri - Salem - Chennai (1275 kms) --> Last weekend

Now it is showing 4200 kms in ODO :p and ready to rock and roll for the next drive. When I took the vehicle, the SA told me that 5000 km service to be done at 6th month and now that is achieved in 2 months. May be I will do the first service before the next long drive. What a drive on the high ways and even on the two lane roads.

Last drive to Coimbatore, I was making steady 100 kmph and it came with 20.1 kmpl mileage round trip. Couple of trips are planned this month and may go for few unplanned. I will be on leave starting this Friday and will be back to office on first week of Jan 2014. So far I call this month as Drive month rather than December :p month and hope my plans will be materialized.

We all know the pros and cons of this beauty and let me mention few cons here,

-insufficient 1 ltr Bottle holders
    -Felt body roll on uneven/slight bumpy roads (both 4 and 2 lanes)
    -Driver side window glass making a crank noise when I close it
    -Time lag in continuous key operations in steering mounted keys
    -Radio is not able to capture the frequency. I had this problem already and asked the guys to fix it but still not done. May be I will tell them again during my first service

I am not sure what all will be done during the first free service. Can someone help me on this.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Dhyay,

Congratulations on owning the Linea. May we know what colour? It seems like you are on a run after the delivery of the car, good to know that you have clocked so many kms within the first couple of months.

Suggest you to write more about your buying and delivery experience, include lots of pics.

The first service will hardly be anything except visual inpection and oil top up. The rate at which you are adding kms, wont be surprised to see you reaching the 15K mark within 9 months of ownership or less. I am sure you must have revved the engine past the 3K mark after the initial run in. Surprised to know you experiencing body roll in Linea coz its a heavy vehicle. I think it must be due to incorrect tyre pressures. Can you confirm?

Happy many more mile crunching and drive safely.
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Tyre pressure I maintain are front 36 psi and rear 33 psi (as written in the car, I use nitrogen air). I yet to rev the engine past the 3K mark and planned to do it after I complete the first service. But I am a sedate driver and won't be much interested in driving more than 100 kmph unless it is required which is around 2.5K mark. Since this season is mostly festival and holidays, the drive will be more. Diesel + Toll + Food costs works cheaper for me than travelling by train. During the first service, I am planning to change the oil rather than top up.
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Given for first Service

Last weekend I wanted to go to my native. The day before the drive I have noticed that my car has done 4400 kms and I am sure that after the trip it will go beyond 5000 kms. Hence decided to call the service agent and checked whether I can take my car. He then gave me the good news that I can leave the car for service before 5500 kms. I was happy and planned the rest of the things. (Unable to upload the pics, will try tomorrow as well)

This time I left early from Chennai and planned to return late to Chennai to avoid the city traffic. Left around 4:45am and reached home at Sankagiri at 10:45am with 30 mins break and was driving between 80 kmph to 90 kmph. Following is the statistics

Distance Travelled: 367.6 kms
    Avg Speed: 70 kmph
    Mileage: 23.1 kmpl

The plan was going to a temple and then to my brother in law house and attend a function there. All completed and started my return from Sankagiri around 4:30 pm and reached Chennai at 10:30 pm. Same kind of driving back to Chennai and following is the statistics

Distance Travelled:369.7 kms
    Avg Speed: 66 kmph
    Mileage: 23.6 kmpl

Overall the statistics stands as

Distance: 792.1 kms
    Mileage: 22.6 kmpl

Now the car completed 5160 kms overall and given for servicing today. Have asked them to do the following things

1. Engine Oil Change instead of top-up. Costs 2600/-
    2. Clean AC blowers (this is to remove the fungus if any). Costs 600/-

Apart from that they will do the usual checkups. Will share the details after I get my car back from service station.

In the entire travel, I thought the cruise control was badly missing.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Those are awesome figures Dayanand.

Regards
    Gopi
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    These are terrific figures...I hope that I won't even go past 20 at any point...Well, I get smoke from my ears ;-)
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Gopi, Bharth.

Sometimes it is difficult to drive your car around 80 kmph to 90 kmph. You can see all Alto's, A-star's, i10's are overtaking you and provoking you to push the pedal. Until now, I haven't push the car beyond 100 kmph or 2500 rpm, but decided to push next time and see the mileage.

Today I got my car back from the service station. The work was neatly done. Before I left the car in the service station I told the service guy that I don't want to see any dirt in seat, door etc. The car came back clean. They have changed the engine oil. I felt like my car became little more smoother, not sure whether I drive my car after a day break. I have decided that next trip one way I will push my car and on return check the mileage after service. I will post the experience after my drive.

Following are the break up of the cost after first service

Labour Charges - 825
    Tax 12.36% - 102
    Total - 927

59117456 Engine Oil Change - 2061
    Vat @ 14.5% - 299
    Total - 2360

Overall I paid 3287/-, which I felt not overcharged.
  8. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    These are really good numbers. That too for that long distance is really good. I really need some driving lessons from you. Maximum mileage I got was 24.32 kmpl but that was for very short distance of 26 km. When I visit my native place I get around 19 kmpl with 100% ac on.

Keep going dear.

Milind Pande
    Pune
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Milind Pande.

It is easy for you to get tempted by seeing all small cars overtaking you, but we have to be cool and don't worry about those cars. During my return, I was almost provoked by a local private bus operator. I overtook him after a toll and he was chasing me like anything. I was doing around 80 to 90 and that bus was also doing the same speed and he honked for nearly 10 times which was about 4 kms. At one stage, I was about to put my foot on the pedal and decided against that and started enjoying the chase :).

The other thing I did was, setup the speed limit to 100 kmph and that will remind you when you cross the speed limit. I really like that option, but one thing which is definitely missing is the CC.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    This is rightly said.I have felt myself as a duck on the road and all others were flying like Eagle and Vultures! I usually maintain between 2000 and 2500 rpm but push her hard whenever I see a corner:D.I have never got beyond 18 km/lt though I never crossed 100 km/hr which I have set as speed limit. The car has just touched 2000 km and may need more run to sit well.

Few questions:
    1)Isn't the first service , a free service ( apart from engine oil change) ? why to pay the labour chargers ?
    2)Is it necessary to do a oil change or just for our satisfaction? Any time frame for this to do ?
    3)"Engine Oil Change instead of top-up" What is top-up here :)