1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dhaya76, Oct 24, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    True that. Looks like any specific number we want is fancy. At least we fancy it. My brother wanted 2122. He was told it would cost 4K, as it was consecutive. Twenty one Twenty two said the RTO guy. When I asked them to give Twenty Three Forty Five instead, as it was not consecutive, they gave him 2122 FOC :D

Rajan
  2. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks ramjn, I bought the car through RDC Motors, Nandanam Chennai. I will definitely recommend RDC after my experience with them :). The Sales guy Satheesh Franklin did very well and take care of my car with every additional accessory fittings. You are so lucky to get fancy number without payment.

Thanks driv3r. I like the decoration :) and I yet to remove it from car. May be I will remove after couple of days.

I have noticed in my car that the average mileage is been shown like the following,

Average Milege.jpg

I can understand that it is 5.7 Liter per 100 kms, but I want that to be displayed as 17.54. I don't know what changes I have done to display like this. What changes I have to do to change it back to the display as 17.54.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You need to change the settling to Km/L using the Menu button which is available on the right side of the dash. Also, note that Menu options will work only when the car is idle.

Also, I would like to suggest that you read the owner's manual once when you get time. :D
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for your help ramjn. I will check in the menu. I brought the manual book to office today to read and understand. Hope to read completely in couple of weeks and get to know more.
  5. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    In Menu there is an option Units, there you can select KMPL rather than L per 100 KMs. I also have done the same as soon as I got my car.

- - - Merged Post - - -

While doing this make sure your car is stationary. While moving when you press menu the only option that comes is to set your speed limit. Fiat has really gone up to that level for the safety of its drivers and passengers. Another thing I noticed is, when you clean the glass with the jet of water the wiper wipes the dirt off and then will wipe once more after 5 - 10 seconds just to wipe off the excess water. What a thought by the Fiat engineers.
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks aruncep, last week I was checking in the menu items and I did change something in the Units to see what are the options were there. Looks like I left it in the L per 100 kms options rather than KMPL. I will check today and change it back.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi All, I just completed a round trip Chennai - Trichy - Munnar - Salem - Chennai. I will be posting the travelogue shortly with pictures and mileage.

Now my car clocked 1666 kms and I found a small issue and not sure whether any one of you facing the same problem after clocking around 1.5K kms. There was a noise coming up from the driver side when the car goes on through small patches. When I checked, I found out that the driver side window is making the noise. When I close the window, the glass is making a noise (something like the glass is scratching in small stones) just before the window is closed fully. Not sure whether these two are the same issue or different. Planned to take it to the workshop this weekend to rectify it since I am getting irritated by the noise.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    wow..It seems to be a big trip..looking forward for the pictures and your experiences with the car..I got the delivery last wednesday and would post my experiences shortly.I am typing this from my office ::V
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ramjn, actually you got the fancy number only through Rto (my recommendation!).you escaped paying that time.keep 10k ready tomorrow, rto is coming to your house tomorrow to collect the fee!
    1 person likes this.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations.... enjoy the rides...

I just started a new post in travelogue with some photos about the travel to Munnar....