1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dhaya76, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Today is not a great day for me, dry coconut fell on my car front glass and broke, when I was moving the things from the car, another one fell and broke rest of the glass. Left my car in body shop and applied for insurance claim.

At office, you can see the coconut at the bottom of the picture

upload_2016-5-26_20-34-2.png

Car at body shop

upload_2016-5-26_20-34-44.png
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I feel sorry for the car (and for you!), but it still looks beautiful!

By the way, are there lot of coconut trees along the road or the parking place, since one won't park a car under it for getting shade, right? I mean, didn't it ever cross your mind that this may happen, if it is its usual parking place?

Pardon me for this query, but I feel people generally overlook such things due to their focus on other more important issues. I therefore advocate to follow procedures for everything we do, though despite that, this may still happen. I advise my friends not to park directly under a tree (may not be the case here), but slightly away, since a slat sun throws shade there too. I have an impression that it runs more risk under a tree than by parking in sun / rain. I assume that the body paint is meant to protect from sun and rain, but may not do that against the bird droppings, resins and other precipitations from a tree.

Comments from members?
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There are two coconut trees and I parked between them, I was the first person didn't accept to park my car in last Dec and I refused to do and parked in a different place and since then nothing fell until yesterday 2 pm. My bad day, and I still don't know why I parked my car in that place when lot of parking slots were available, may be it is fate that I should take it up and move on.
  4. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Very unfortunate @dhaya76. Sorry for your car and you too. It would be heart wrenching for anybody. Hope car comes back from body shop at the earliest and makes you feel easy and comfortable.
    Certain happenings are unavoidable which are not in our control. That's all we can say.
    dhaya76 likes this.
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with you Giridhar, spoke to the body shop guys today and they confirmed the car will be handed over today. Eagerly waiting for my car to come back.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @dhaya76 , do share the cost details.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats very unfortunate @dhaya76 . Does your car comes with auto headlight and wiper? If yes, wallet will be lighter further. :(

Do you have bumper to bumper, what was your portion of pay?
  8. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Still car is in body shop and awaiting the cost. I expect about 5 K (2.5 K for windshield and another 2.5 for sensor)

@pabhisek, yes my car comes with auto headlight and wiper, mine is bumper and bumper insured.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The sensor need not be replaced if its not damaged. You should see a total bill of around 9k. If you have Zero Depreciation Insurance then you will need to pay the minimum payable + voluntary excess (if any) + consumables.
    dhaya76 likes this.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I will check with my company to pay 50% of the cost because I parked my car where I was asked to do so should be shared responsibility. The other cost that is not covered under insurance is the 3M sheet I put in the windshield to protect heat and glaring, I paid about 8 K in 2013, the sheet was so effective during night drive and I need to buy that again which will cost another 9 K now.

One mistake expected to cost me around 15K :banghead:.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.