1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dhaya76, Oct 24, 2013.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy have you got any information on new timing chain change for 90 hp at 90000 km interval?
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Nope. Where did you find this? In the manual its written that 90 HP MJDs require tming chain replacement at 60k kms.
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Turbothinghy, yes I am still using Shell, but I got higher mileage while using Shell. Anyway today I am going to tank up and driving to Coimbatore tomorrow morning with family and will check with them whether they felt anything uncomfortable and mileage.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I reached Coimbatore from Chennai and had a mileage of 21 kmpl which is about 2 kmpl lower than my average, I need to check in return as well.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Came back to Chennai last evening and checked the mileage and it is 23.5 kmpl which is okay, but when it compared to the last run to Shirdi and the speed I was driving, this mileage is still low. The differences are

1. New timing chain
    2. Engine oil back to Selenia

Planning to change the engine oil back to Helix after 2000 kms and hope to get back to the earlier mileage. Any suggestions?
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last weekend did another trip to Coimbatore from Chennai and back, the mileage is increased to 24.8 Kmpl overall and feel that slowly the mileage is improving.

Overall Distance.JPG

Overall Mileage.JPG

Average Speed.JPG
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When I took PUC late month, they person who did the check told me that the levels are little higher side and he also able to see light black smoke coming out. I didn't take PUC for the last one year and this check was done after I changed the engine oil to Helix 5W40.

Anyone has any idea whether the black smoke is because of the oil change or some other reason that I need to check in engine bay.
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My car reached the milestone of 75 K kms on 1st April 2016 with an average run of 84 km per day since I took my car.

IMG_1616.JPG
    PradeepM, Murphy_Fiat and vtlreja2 like this.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last two weeks I see some disturbance while calling through blue & me, I hear a sound (whistle) from left side speaker (not all the times) and from two days back while playing songs through USB I hear the same sound, if I switch to FM/CD then the sound goes off and when I switch back to USB I don't hear the noise for 10 mins and then it comes back. The sound goes up as I press the A pedal and comes down as I release.

Is there an issue with my blue & me or the integrated set has a problem? Planning to take my car to the service center to check the same.