1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New FIAT LINEA 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by dhaya76, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Grande Punto;-
    If there is wire getting short circuited then it comes up intermittently.I'm going thorugh this phase ,the amber light comes and goes away.

Check if there is any loose contacts at rear tail lamp.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhajot, Abdul,

Thanks for the update. I will try to take it today and let you know what FASS saying.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Jun 1, 2015 ---
    I took it to FASS and they checked all the lights and told me that there is nothing wrong with any of the lights and they said if any of the light fail then it can be replaced and checked further, they confirmed there is no short circuit or something that kind of, even though I was not convinced, took my car back home. I need to wait for the next time the light comes up and take photo and show it to them.
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Recently when I start the car, sometimes it says that "Air bag failure", I checked for couple of times and I could see if I insert the key and wait for 10 secs and then start it shows airbag failure otherwise it is not coming. Any of you facing this issue?
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ideally after inserting the key and turning into MAR position, you wait till all except 3 indications on the MID go off and then crank. The rest 3 indications i.e Battery and oil will go off after the engine running whereas the Hand brake indication should go off after you release the hand brake.

If you are still getting the Airbag failure indication then these are the signs of end life of the battery. Get the battery checked for levels. If the battery life is exceeded 3 years, then its time to plan for the battery change.
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the information. I start after all lights are off except the hand brake indication. As adviced I will check the battery and my car is only 22 months old and hope there is no issue with the battery. In the last three months, I was getting some wired indications and all those goes off after I restart the engine, not sure what is the issue.

1. Airbag Failure
    2. Shows light has problem, but when I switch off and restart it does not appear
    3. Bluetooth connection went off
    4. The audio set went off (but this happened only once)
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I will check the battery over the weekend and replace it if required. Hope Amaron is fine, any other suggestion?
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Amaron DIN55 is perfect choice. There are alternatives such as Exide and SF Sonic too, you can compare the costs and decide accordingly. This link will help you decide.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/battery-upgrade.818/
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ghodulr,
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    On Dec 2nd afternoon, after heavy rain in chennai, I took my car from office to home but unfortunately couldn't reach due to water overflowing in adyar river in Kasi Theater bridge and I parked my car in Alandur metro station parking and paid about Rs. 430 for two nights and I was happy that my car is safe. On 2nd Dec, I did cross two heavy water logging (one in OMR near CTS office and second one near Velachery 5 furlong road) and car sailed through without any issue and there is no check engine light turned on.

But after that day, I could see that car takes about 4 to 5 seconds to start when I turn on the key, is there any issue in the engine (no other warning lights is on)? This happens even if I turn off the audio system and auto lights off. Since all the service station are flooded with vehicles, if the issue is not too much worrying then I can wait for some more days and take it to the service station and get it checked, otherwise will take it immediately. Need your views on this.