1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

new Embossed number plate fitted...

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by RollingIce, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guyz pls shed light on my above query
  2. Are these number plates RTO approved?
  3. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

not sure if u can use those screws...coz of difference in the sizes...and in puntos the number plate holes are on the bumper itself.
  4. you drill holes on the plates any way..
    what i did was got holes drilled on the top of the plate above the numbers 2.5 cms from the corners and fixedusing screws onto the bumper making holes on the bumpers.
    it was a good fix..

a small advice
    these plates tend to get bent on the slightest impact.
    like while cloth gets stuck and you pull it, the plate would bend.
    to overcome this i used a plastic plate you get and got it fixed with a 2 way tape to the back of this aluminium plate.
    this gives the plate some much needed support preventing the bends

these are the plates which comply with the rules laid down for number plates by the government.
    rest of the plates donot comply with these rules.
    only 2 companies in india do these plates
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Seems like www.utsav.co.in is down since last 2 days. Have been wanting to order my number plates so desperately!! Any other site / company which does beautiful number plates similar to Utsav?
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Bad news guys. Utsav has stopped the business of selling smart plates. This is the mail I got from them.

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:57:07 +0530

Subject: RE: Number plate enquiry

Dear Sir

We never sold HSRP and now we have stopped selling smart number plates now and we do not have any dealer to sell UTSAV plates now

So we are sorry we can not help you at this time

Soon Govt of Maharashatra may be implememting HSRP policy so it is better you wait and get HSRP fied from authorized vendor approved by State Government

Thanks n regards
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

It's official. Smart number plates that were being sold by Utsav are now history. They have withdrawn their dealerships across India. I guess they are gearing up for HSRP implementation now (supposed to come in force from Dec 2011).
  9. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Any pointers for good number plate shop at Bangalore. I got my drive re-registered at Bangalore.