1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Desktop: Offers, Deals, Best Buy

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by J Ravi, Feb 16, 2012.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

@ramjn: Bro,I can take you and any one and show assembled PCs which will blow the branded PCs out of water - have been doing them for almost 10~11 years now for my friends and friends of friends, and have done PCs that ranges from bare bone basic to gaming rigs that costs more than a lac.

Can you show me ONE branded pc which have a cabinet as good as a coolermaster one? Or say, a brand PC which have an and SMPS or fan as good as coolermaster? Or a branded PC which runs on Corsair Ram?
    I can go on and on to give more examples. You will be compromising lot when you go for a branded PC.

Branded PCs works best if for people who do not want the hassle to identify what components they need, and they do offer service facility but charge hefty sum.

as Ciniju, paddleshifter and teky said, branded desktops can never even hold a candle to properly assembled PCs.

Ever wonder why most of the hard core gaming guys go for custom build (assembled ) PCs?

I posted a spec few posts back - please do a comparison to any branded PC and see how much extra it would have cost.

I agree with you, ramjin - seems like we are completely going off topic :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3

Lookout for Antec and Coolermaster(CM) cabinet and you will forget all branded cabinet. I have Antec 900 Gaming Cabinet which i bought in 2007, which is build like tank and has features that you see only in Alienware desktop or highend XPS desktop. Check the website for both manufactures and then you will understand.
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

I have a desktop , assembled with following configuration

Intel i5 quad core
    RAM - 16 GB
    local cabinet
    some branded SMPS
    2 GN Nvidia Graphics card
    belkin wireless USB card
    microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse
    22 inch samsung LED monitor

all worked out to about 30, 000 .
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Guys, can we please assist Ravi Sir in choosing the PC as per his needs, rather than turning this thread into a assembled vs branded thread.

He has already let known his preference for the branded PC's, so let us rest this debate for another day.

Let's focus on the configuration etc.

P.S. All OT posts from now on will vanish.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Raviji, in Bangalore, you should be able to find a plethora of choices to assemble a PC. IMHO, when it comes to laptop, stick with a branded one and in case of desktop, get one assembled. You can customize the hardware as per your requirements and it can work out cheaper than a branded one.

In case you are not comfortable with doing a bit of experimenting with a PC, you should go for a branded one. Amongst branded ones, HCL and Dell take the top slot when it comes to providing support. You can also check the site techshop.in and deltapage.com for a choice of hardware. When I assembled desktop for myself, I shopped from techshop.in. Rather than just choosing a machine from dell, why don't you lay out your requirements in a desktop (just like you would choose a car :) ) and members can provide choices.

In case you have made up your mind to go ahead with Dell, there is no point in waiting for budget as IT sector seems to have gone below the radar of FM. Even if some cuts are offered, Dell might not pass them on.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Just wonering why PC if you already have a decent laptop.
    If you need a bigger screen and a wire less environment, then you can try something that i did.
    Its called Laptop Dock Station.

I got Multiple LCD screens, connected to doc station, and a wireless keyboard and mouse.
    I just connect my laptop to docking station and get my self a big screen desktop :)

I can carry laptop and files move with me, and can even use it on bed at times and when i need pleasure of wide screen and wirefree i just mount it :)

Its a custom made mount though :D
    1 person likes this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Since one of the most important requirement is touch screen input, assembled PCs are out of the equation. We should limit ourselves only to branded ones.

Viny, I have a 5m long HDMI wire using which I connect my laptop to my 32" LCD for watching movies or surf the internet. 5m long cable allows me to sit comfortably anywhere in the room. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I differ. I have been in this business of selling & supporting PCs. A well built assembled system with quality components is much better than a branded desktop & costs less. The mistake most people do is to go with the lowest price PC they can find in the market. A low cost PC obviously can't have the components/performance/longevity of a PC which has been assembled with quality components. Plus in branded PC you have very little customisation & upgrade path. Even installing another hard disk in the cabinet is next to impossible in some PCs. Support can be a grey area, but having seen branded support for home users, I think you can find much better support in assembled segment if you ask around.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

What branded computer offers you the option of touch screen off the shelf ? Are you running Win 8 already ?
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Dell Inspiron One 2320 Desktop has HD touchscreen. It costs Rs 60,255.
    Thanks, Kapil, for kind suggestion.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  10. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Hi Ravi Sir ,

If you have decided to buy the Dell , PLease get in touch with Ratan Sir on our forum or on FB . He is a Dell Employee and can get you a better eal on a dell product . ANd Dewll employees do get very good deals on Dell products , so you might save a lot plus Dell has this awesome facility of Interest free EMI also .. you can take advantage of that option too ..
    1 person likes this.