1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Design of Mud Flaps for LINEA & PUNTO

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by ramu_dodda, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Same happened with my Punto.Rear mudflaps had twisted & where rubbing with the tyres,so changed them with Moulded Absolute mud flaps.
  2. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Have got the old rubber type mud flaps fitted on my New linea. Could make a choice as it was fitted as an accessory on delivery :(
    They are cheap,spoils the look and required rear bumper to be pierced :(
    The front one touches the tyre everytime I take a turn.

I would really like to go for the molded ones but one of the piercing holes in the rear would not be covered if I fit the molded ones.
    Either I have to look for a good quality rubber one or fit the molded one and try to cover the hole somehow

Any suggestions tips please.

Thanks
  3. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    I would definitely suggest to look for a good quality rubber one. Reason being, the moulded type does not completely protect mud from being splashed onto the sides. I have heard the rubber ones protect to a better extent. Otherwise you end up cleaning the sides very often for mud.

- CM
    Saji Babu likes this.
  4. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks you. Yea, agree. They served the purpose in two occasions so far in heavy rains. Any idea where to look for good quality rubber ones in BLR? JC Road?
  5. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Moulded Mud flaps for my Punto evo were provided by the showroom during the time of purchase. They seem to be very ineffective, especially the front ones. Within just two days of washing the car, front door gets too much muddy due to the occasional rains in Chennai and makes the car look really bad:(

Is there some better mud flaps available for Punto evo which you guys are using? If so, could you please provide details/model number for the same.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Karan: Its just that the moulded mud flaps dont fiddle with the looks, otherwise they arent as effective as one would have liked. You can get other full sized mud flaps that are quite effective, but the looks would go for a toss :playful:
    PradeepM and Karan like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you want functional mudflaps then go for fake Sparco Mudflap and fit it in a such a way that water or mud wont get on doors.
    PradeepM and Karan like this.
  8. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks @Turbothinghy and @kedarbendre

I will try sparco mudflap. It's really a pain to remove the thick muds every week from my door. Some times the mud splashes even till the ORVM.