1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Design of Mud Flaps for LINEA & PUNTO

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by ramu_dodda, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ashish27

ashish27 Novizio

Chandigarh
    Fiat service station got new sets of Mud-flaps. Rs 950/- for set of 4's with Fiat written on it. Good one to watch & swanky far far better then the earlier Tata one
    Had a chance to see them in Chandigarh "Speed Fiat"
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Cheaper option of the same @ 99rpm. Link here.

Placing order as well. Just that I am contemplating to have it body coloured or just the original black :)
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Its not a cheaper option but exactly the same. The MRP is 899 even at FASS. The person above might have been charged 50 bucks for fitting. Moreover, if you purchase it from 99 rpm, , wouldn't you be paying 150 for shipping?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. gods-envy

gods-envy

Bangalore
    I would say, don't go for the new ones.
    They are bad at keeping the splash away from the body. My GP's running board is always dirty.

One other thing is, the gap between the tyres and the rear mudflaps is very low and it keeps scraping the tyres when one goes on a hump.

I would stick to the older, uglier ones that are more effective.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with everything you have said, but I am stumped by this. Could you please explain how this happens? I mean, when you go over humps, there can be up and down motion of the tyres, but there would be no forward backward motion, in relation to the mudflap. How can this happen?

Rajan
  6. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    Where can we get old style rubber mud flaps.. This was more functional than moulded ones
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    You can get them at Fiat dealers in chennai.Yes old rubber mud flaps are more functional than moulded ones but lookwise moulded ones look perfect on Punto or Linea.
  8. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    Thanks.. Mine is pearl white Punto.. Too much of mud over that area

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    one can also try sparco mudflaps which we most oftenly see on indicabs if the looks are not that important, they are much more effective :)
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes, but the old mud flaps are prone to twists as it rests on just one screw at the inside. Happened typically in my Punto not one but three mud flaps had twisted and rubbing with the tyres. Got them rectified by holding them with a new screw.