1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Delhi to Nainital- 2 Oct 2014 to 5 Oct 2014

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ashishmalviya27@gmail.com, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Dear All,

I am planing to visit nanital with my wife and nearby places during next weekend ( from 2nd Oct to 5th Oct). I need your suggestions/guidance on following points:

1) Mode of travel - By Linea or by Bus ? . As u know linea has low ground clearance (2011 model) ,roads from delhi to nainital and from nainital to nearby places like ranikhet etc are ok for Linea ??

2) Never drove to hilly area before, are there any patches in this route which require special driving skills ?

3) Some statistice of my linea
    a) 2011 MJD, done 18500 Km till date.
    b) Last service- August 2014
    c) Km covered after last service- 250 km

what consumables (Except fuel :p ) I should check or refill before I leave for nainital??
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You must go by Linea, though I have no idea on roads in/around Nainital, but I am sure Linea can do even with old GC. Don't worry much about Hilly area, keep speed in control, on slope, make sure RPM doesn't drop below 2.5K, and Linea will do any slope. You will actually love driving Linea on Hills.

For Delhi - Nainital routes and other details, do read this once - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/12264-delhi-nainital-route-info.html

And finally, don't forget to share your travel with us.
  3. Thank you Ravi.. Yes, I will share my experience for sure
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    You should go in the Linea, you will enjoy it. In the ghat section, since you have never driven before just be a little extra cautious in the beginning. As you climp up you will get used to it. There is always a first time :) and when you own a Linea you should find excuses to drive your car. It's so much fun.

The road to Nainital from Delhi is through Moradabad. I have driven to Moradabad a few months back and the road is a normal four laner and the road condition is good. Just leave early in the morning so that you beat the traffic and also reach Nainital early by lunch.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Totally agree with above recommendations. Linea will easily do. I visited Nainital and nearby places in July 2014.

I was shock to see that Maruti 800, Alto, Wagon R are running as taxi there. You will find hell lot of M's all around the hills.

Linea is far better then mentioned so don't worry about anything. Just drive carefully as ghat section will require slow speed range 40-50 kmph. Above that you will feel more motion sickness.

Delhi-Nainital via Moradabad is good road. Around Nainital roads are fine except any land slide if occured.

Beautiful place to drive.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Rightly said......
    I do find excuses and my wife keeps finding them ;)
    46,000 kms in 1 year 8 months !
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  7. mayank

mayank Amatore

I have never gone to that route, but i am here to give my 2 cents about hill driving experience. I have driven on many HP roads for 3 years and from my experience i can say that you don't need to possess any special driving skills for hills driving. Just keep the basics right(like keeping as left as possible, keeping the same gear for incline and decline, avoiding overtaking on turns) and you will find hill driving to be fun. BUT!!! The only thing that may make you struggle will be "starting off from stationary position in an incline". This is the most important practice you need to learn before trying out yourself in hills.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ensure you have hotel booking done as there will be a rush due to extended weekend.

Take Moradabad --> Rudrapur --> Haldwani --> Nainital route. Post Moradabad follow route for Rudrapur and not Nainital. Else you will take the route via JimCorbett, which has really bad stretch of approx 30kms and more of just bad stretch.

Driving is not a pain on this route. Have done Nainital, Almora, Binsar, Kausani 3 times in my Indica Xeta. But with a longer car like Linea be careful at bends. Honk near benda for your safety and dont be in a rush, better late and arrived than late......