1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Clutch Bedding Process

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Sam, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Folks,

Need a quick advise. I just had the clutch assembly replaced for my Punto 1.3 for grinding noise (on all forwards) and extremely hard gear shifts. But after the replacement I feel the power loss (aka its not any more the peppy car I used to drive). The engine notes have changed, its more calm now but somehow on first three gears I feel the clutch is slipping (rpm move up without any substantial gain in torque/speed).

So does the new clutch needs bedding in? Or should I go to FASS and lash their A$$. BTW, it has been 57000 kms so far and mine is 2011 model. SA told me he replaced the clutch with what is being used in the newer model (2014) and there was price difference of 200.

Thanks,
    Samir
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is no requirement of bedding in of any sort. The new clutch kit is ready to perform at it's optimal level of performance from the moment of it's installation.

Cheers.
  3. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks guruji. So this certainly concerns me now. I have to rev too hard to find my sweet spot on all gears (fifth being exception). Let me go back to ASS and have them diagnose.
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Ok so an update. I drove my car for couple of hundred kilometres both on freeways and b2b traffic, I now feel the clutch is giving enough bite. In fact pickup has improved and so is the overtaking ability. I believe it was just the matter of running in. I am happy with a big smile.

BTW and OT, I am planning to replace the tail lamps with evo's. Each costs around 3k and will happily fit in the slot.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi please confirm and post back if it works 100%. I hear there is something yet to be solved in this mod.
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey, it surely works, in fact one of SA (Wilson, Balaji fiat) has did it on his car and advised me he can do it on mine once the spares are available.