1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Chevrolet sail sedan - is it copy of Linea ?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by shivraj5624, Mar 10, 2013.

1. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    :confused:Hello everyone. A few days ago i saw a couple of sail Uva sedans. The car resembles linea's boot from the back when keenly observed. Looks like each curve is copied from the boot of ours . Also the tail lamp from the side profile, looks almost similar to our Linea. Well , our cars look way better than anyone else's product . Fiat is known for perfection in design:cool:. It's just my doubt if it has been copied . What you guys feel ???
  2. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Even i felt it copied alot of our linea's looks the mirror style, tail lights,boot emblem and number plate positioning, they say that it has a similar 1.3 diesel engine which chevy codeveloped with fiat. In short It looks(rather is) like the cheap replica of a linea :D
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What do you think about this then?
    3_07_Impala_gallery_rear3-4.jpg

This is Chevrolet Impala.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That's the trademark look of the cadillac brand of cars..
    Nothing new in that.
    And only 1 brand can copy fiat, its FIAT!
  5. Chassis of Punto/Linea it self was derived from Opel Corsa 2005,I see a Chevy SRV near my place it's chassis matches with Punto except for head and tail lights.
    GM owned Opel during that time,Our beloved Punto's have German DNA chassis and Italian DNA in Engine.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Every manufacturer has copied/used something or the other from somewhere or the other, so its easy to find resemblance of one product with another, significantly more when platforms are shared.

Waheguru Waheguru
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Why dont we think that FIAT has copied this model for the Linea ??

Abdul
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Even look at the fog light area. Copied neatly :)
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    These are Standard designs which are framed from a template used by these car manufacturers so either of the corners or shapes may look similar. but its not clear who has copied from whom, new models are all from good old proven standard styles which car manufacturers think will make good impact on their sales figures :)