1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Chevrolet Cruze

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by sungoa2010, Jun 28, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Cruze was already the undisputed king in terms of power in the D segment. With 166 ps, it has just got better and better.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Laura TDI had the same torque(320NM) as Cruze and power was not that different. Now just see the torque figure 320 vs 380 NM. Infact there was a dispute over which one is quicker. The Laura with DSG had better advantage over cruze. But now let us see how cruze zooms. may be sathya can give a better opinion here as he had recently tested it.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Laura may still have advantage in the handling department. But, in terms of sheer power, it will be Cruze all the way and of course VFM too. Laura DSG is very expensive.
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Whether they power it with 200 hp or 166 hp, Cruze has its own share of flaws like-Plasticky Interior which look gaudy and cheap. I would any day pick up Laura over a cruze due to its superior quality and I think my next car would be a Laura:)
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I was just mentioning out power factor. Definitely Laura will have better dynamics. If I consider all factors then I may end up with Linea(assuming I have the cash) MJD Emotion with compromising on power.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Have always liked the Cruze for it 'different' personality...At least somebody is giving us hope - More Power!

These days all we get for 15 Lacs is a 100PS lump of solid metal!:-?
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I have driven bot and i like skoda . both almost in par.. but skoda is bertter.. but i love cruze.. the cabin i looks much better than laura
    green shades lights.. and way cheaper than skoda.
    i would pick Cruze..
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I thought they will upgrade the ground clearance. 165mm looks very law. Imagine hitting a hump at some insane speeds.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That insane speed would be possible and less scary only if the GC is low. That might be another reason why they chose to gave the GC of 165 mm. Remember that GC of Linea MJD was 161mm till 2011 (includes my Linea as well :)).
    1 person likes this.