1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Car searching started, To Replace 76HP Sports.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by BoseSuman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I liked OCTAVIA, but its Ambition manual is 21L onroad, 1.8 TSI near 21L. Superb & Passat is more than 25L. These car are double in budget. All has 2.0 L Diesel.

I didn't wanted to counter your point, I am sorry if the message went differently to you. I feel sad when others tell I20 is a performance car where Punto 90HP is not just to offence Fiat.

Fiesta Material Quality are not good, You are correct, for material quality VW is top-notch. I had no hope from ford, but an extensive test-drive blew me away. Fiesta has other goodies missing, rear space is cramped. My View for Fiesta is driving, control & stability perspective.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Not happy with current offers? Fiat has round the clock offers!!
    Do you want company to shutdown or what :wink:
    2 people like this.
  3. Suman, Other than K9K and MJD all other diesel's service and spare cost will be expensive.this also explaines why Tjet specific spares are super expensive.
    Comapred to cars running with above mentioned engines any other car with different engine may be slightly expensive to buy but,buyer should be ready bear the expensive service and spares cost.
    I understand why indian have follow the herd mentality.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Mchanna, Fiat is running disc round the clock or else they would have shutdown shops by now :evilsmile

What i meant was a good disc as it was in last Dec 2012 or at least a disc as in October 2013

Exshowroom for 90HP - 753401

Disc - 90000 and Ins at Re 1/- [Dec 2012 offer]

Invoice to 663401

Road tax @ 14% = 92877

Total 663401+92877 + 5000 reg charge

Cars on road price will be 7.6 lacs!!

Who wants that absolute package for 25k!! ;)
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I do not think that is true, discount for Dec 2012 was not that much by any chance of imagination.

I know because my 90HP was booked in Dec 2012 and FIAT was only providing a discount of 1,05,000 INR on my car, which was the only 90HP which carried a discount of this magnitude since it was manufactured in Feb 2011.

And I got the quote from 4 different dealers for both a 2012 90HP which was the SPORT version then, and also the car I bought.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

This thread is indeed becoming a good one.... I also wanna chip in for some points... after the horrific accident of my punto I went out in the market and test drove almost all the diesel sedans... yes all... including the amaze and dzire :)

I finally bought a used linea emotion pack mjd 28k on the odo...

What made me buy this? Sheer build quality and road discipline... Power can be a boon or a ban both.... I was at 150kmph on my 1.2 Punto that day... so power can be extracted from any car. I just recall how Punto behaved aqua planing at 150kmph with it's HPS allowing me to atleast keep the car on the left side and can't even imagine a lighter EPS based unit as of today.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

I have been following this thread very keenly and the views that are coming in are very interesting. I understand that the decision makers are well informed about cars hence i have no suggestion to make from a technical perspective. But want to suggest a approach that helped me decide when i could not make a decision.

Please do rating (weights) on how important each of the factors (ride, handling, ASS, price etc) on a scale of 1 to 10, give a rating based on the test drive and other factors used to assess the car. This can help arrive at a decision based on numbers. Try, if this approach helps to nail down on a car.

2 people like this.
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Actually a very good suggestion...but you know many of us have tried that and finally surrendered to our heart and ditched the brain.
    Currently I am that situation...
    Brain says don't even think about it, as ASS, Price, Resale wise it will get zero point compare to what is available in the market from the competitors,
    but ...but...but ......rest all parameters are just awesome, and I am dreaming it already :)
    The snowman Yeti .....no way !!!!! who wants to buy that !!!! Every month I am test driving it.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. C_S

C_S Amatore

I completely understand what you are referring, may be a case to have one more factor " Appeal to heart" .. Just make a case for what i suggested... :ugeek:;). Anyways it is just one way to work through the maze of choices..
    1 person likes this.