1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Car searching started, To Replace 76HP Sports.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by BoseSuman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I am sorry if Linea 1.3 owners hurts, but truth is truth, I can't say good as bad. Request you to please drive Fiesta on highway for atleast 50 km, you will feel why I felt for the first time FIAT need proper gearbox and 1.6. I have driven Figo earlier and Ecosports, you willnot believe this 1.5 in fiesta after driving in city & highway.

True DRIV3R, please exchange the seat of driver of both car :). You will not believe yourself. A good driver can make & Car driving better & way above, I have encounterd 2 great controlled driver and experienced it ( name mentioned in my test drive post :).

Skoda are far better with drivability & control than VW, that I felt after test drove both RAPID & Vento.

Very True. A good driver can hide ones Cars negative & play with his positive. I can vouch for this as I have seen this with my stock punto, I was in front passenger seat for 1200 Km out of 1500 Km drive. After that I was feeling so sad to miss punto 90 HP.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Not sure as Vivek came here. He told, he can try but till 3200 RPM with red line. What I felt 1st gear & 2nd gear are smooth & better than stock. He told he can increase till 93 HP & 245 NM torque. I was amazed to hear 245NM, but never felt where this 245 NM gone with best agressive demo map. I drove Vignesh's (VJ_V1) 90 HP after that, I felt his car is far more better. But as you told and I read in Karthik's thread is different.

I know due to FIAT gearbox some limitation is there, But I am happy with Stock's performance till 120, don't wanted to change the stock performance till 3000 RPM. That is the reason why I crib FIAT for my 90HP miss.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Suman, bro, I was talking about the old 1.4 TDCi and not the new 1.5L diesel in the New Ford Fiesta/ EcoSport.

And I would not say that the 1.4 mill is better on the highways, within city, yes, due to the near 0 turbo lag. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Then you can easily cross 1.4 :), if Driver like me can do it with Figo easily you can easiliy do it with your 90HP, no question :).

But don't know what ford did with this new 1.5 in Fiesta. It was asking me for more push, and planted on road with very good control. I don't know why ford failed to project this 1.5 with fiesta. It is completely different what I expected earlier from ford. In City it is like Figo with 0 turbo lag, and highway it is one different Car.

SA came with me told, this fiesta made to consider USA market & they provided same to India, it is not India specific product, I was like :). Hope FIAT is listening this for next 1.4 TJet/1.6.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear Suman, i have been following this thread, why don't you consider the other siblings from SKODA and VW like Superb,Octavia, Jetta and Passat are they not that powerful..
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Who asked you to say good as bad? And it's unfair you droped off a line between the quote, where I said you are rightfully entitled to your opinion given that you have TDed the cars.

For your reference —
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Very true. I had very high hopes on Linea over Rapids and Ventos until the day I had a drive along with a Rapid. It's truly a powerful machine.

I am a Fiat fan but I should also have to accept the fact that there are better cars than Fiat in the market. :)
    3 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I think we are giving too much credit to the car than the driver here. A good driver can keep up in a much inferior car easily.

My total seat time in the Rapid isn't much but i've driven it nearly 700 or so km's, all on the highway. And I can attest to the fact that it is just not as planted as the Linea, nor is it as comfortable to travel in - from a passenger's perspective. The steering feels like it's not connected to the front wheels, compared to the Linea. It is world's apart.

In a straight line is where you can really put the foot down and the 1.6 happily obliges with it's strong and free revving nature. But equally well handling as a Linea - not a chance. The strengths of Rapid lie in fuss free power delivery and slightly taller gearing making for lower rpm high speed touring. The brakes are strong as well. Slightly grabby initially but good nonetheless.

5 people like this.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Everyone here is Fiat fan, no doubt. But, we have to accept that Fiats are not the only best vehicles available. There are cars which come more or less nearest to Fiats in every department. May be not as a single package, but then nobody is perfect, including Fiat.

@Suman: I hope you remember what I said the other day when we met at Butta. Fiesta was the closest in all terms with Linea and excelled in few. Rapid is a beast but except for the sheer power, there is no overwhelming aspect in it, like a Fiat. I was in a huge dilema when I was about to upgrade and if it were a car worth 11 Lakhs, it would definitely had been a Fiesta or Rapid. Since I got my Linea for 9 lakhs and there were no contenders (Diesel Sedans) to it at this price point, it was crystal clear for me, as to what car to choose. No offence has been taken as a fellow Linea owner, infact I agree that Linea needs a bit of tweaking for personal preferences. This is where the tuning comes in. I have done only 900 kms so far and I am looking forward for the day I would get a remap done by Wolf Moto. Awaiting the transformation.

It is not just the car or the driver, but both in-sync which creates that awesome driving experience. As Rajan once said somewhere on this forum, the road condition also matters. No two drivers are the same and no two cars of same model and even from the same manufacturer are same (Comparing Apples to Apples from the same tree) ;). I always believe that if a Maruti 800 that over takes a Mercedes which is being driven sedately doesnot mean that 800 is better. Not everyone chooses a car to drag race or to show off. For some, a car is just another mode of transportation, for few others, its a status symbol and for a very few people it is a part of their soul which is unexplainable.

Though I have not driven along with a Rapid, but I have driven a Rapid TD car and my own Linea now. From my experience I am sure a Rapid will definitely out perform a Linea. Given both the drivers are equally skillful. To each, his own.
    6 people like this.
  10. Suman,
    IMHO fiesta interiors does look cheap at places,please see pics in the definitive forum.
    Did you enquire the cost service? I heard Skoda/VW costs 9000/- for first service it self.

What about spare cost and availability of VW/Skoda and Ford,thus also need to important factor.