1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Car searching started, To Replace 76HP Sports.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by BoseSuman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    As Varunrtr suggests the Tjet Dynamic looks like a strong contender here, you can have the best of both worlds, and as someone suggested you can keep the extra money for running and maintainence costs, further more you will have extra peace of mind of a petrol and fun driveability and usual characteristics of our beloved Fiats.

If the daily running is within manageable limits, the Tjet is a hell of a car. As Gurjinder pointed out even Skoda Rapid lacks a certain refinement offered by Fiat Linea. The torque provided by the Tjet is also commendable as per various user accounts herein.

I totally refrain from commenting about the Fiesta as it is not a breed I am well aware of, I must admit! :D
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I am also looking for a new car now :) , and it has to be an MUV/SUV/Mini SUV.
    If FIAT had released anything by this time, I would have definitely considered that, what to do, choices seems very limited.
    If FIAT continues to be lethargic in bringing new products, I am afraid in few years we all will be ex-fiatian.
    2 people like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I completely get your sentiment, but Fiat is still building their foothold in the market in a solo way and all we can do is wait and watch or move on :sad:. I read somewhere that by 2015 end they want to launch no less than 9 models across all segments. So lets wish them the best as it is in our interest too.

If I may dare say, it is clear that Fiat research is global centric, they have global platforms and just like Skoda, VW their cars have Euro class to them. Some of their cars may not even be best suited for Indian market conditions. Further more, as and when and if they localise their car contents (local vendor development) they may risk to loose exclusive touch and feel to their cars. The Puntos and Lineas have very less or rather no compromises from the engineering standpoint regarding cost cutting for Indian market conditions. The market conditions for Fiat will get tougher day by day and delays will create further problems for them.
    They also cannot just wipe their slate clean and move on. There is still a lot of bad mouthing and negative publicity that makes things difficult for them here inspite of having cars that stand out in the market. They are doing a lot by trying to improve service network and dealerships, but their condition is "too little too late" as more brands eat into the share which should be rightfully theirs. They will need some extraordinary corporate warfare strategy and consecutive winners or aces in the market to change their market perception for good.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. Suman,

Did you consider doing remap to your car instead of selling it to fulfill the need for power/torque?
    2 people like this.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I am eagerly reading all the posts, this one has my likes and a different approach to the case being discussed ;)

I have a habit of changing cars every odd year and i never get bored or scared of doing it again...but before i do the next change, i will definitely go for a remap and see how it changes the car driviability.

Also, if some one can compare the SUV's that will also help others (like me) to prepare for the next change.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    In is in my list, no 2 if 1.6 not available :) Thanks.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Gurji, I am waiting for 1.6 eagarly. After driving all car I can tell you no diesel can match FIAT's MJD, only Ford's new 1.5 TDCI can come near. Honda is famous for petrol, I am sure it can't match with MJD or Ford's 1.5.

- - - Merged Post - - -

No Matter my friend, every one can use my thread for discussion :), I will be glad if they get benefit from here.

For Fiesta, you will be no wrong If you buy it instead of punto 90HP.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If you are able to find a well maintained Cruze, you could consider it seriously. That is the meanest diesel I have driven in India.

Rajan
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I wasnot impressed with TOT's explanation about my reuirement :(, they told it is not possible. I wanted all uniform torque till 4000 RPM.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is true. What you are asking for is a flat curve. Doesn't that sound like an oxymoron :D. That said, WolfMoto is slated to visit B'lore on 9th Dec. Rajiv might be able to offer a solution that works for you.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am afraid then you will have to wait an year for that, Suman. My gut feeling is that Fiat will release the updated Linea with 1.3MJD and 1.4 T-jet in the beginning of next year and MAY BE, 1.6 MJD in the fourth quarter or at least after the next budget is released. Hope you are not caught up with a similar situation as your Pinto vs 90hp.