1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Car - Pulling towards left side - Fiat Punto - Active

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by baranimani, Jan 29, 2013.

1. baranimani

baranimani

Chennai
    Hi

I have bought a new Fiat Punto active car from Concorde Motors , Ambattur, Chennai. When i drive the car, its pulling towards left side from the day i took the car. i have reported to concorde motors and given the car to fix the issue, till now they could not fix it.

I have escalated to Fiat customer care help line, but no use. No one has contacted me even after 72 hours.

Does anyone faced such issue and how did you fix it?

Please guide me what i have to do next.

Thanks & Regards
    M.Barani
    Chennai
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Barani, have the wheels aligned and balanced from reputed shop in your city. Try some permutations with changing the positioning of tyres.
    I think you would have JK tyre, right?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard.

Search "left pulling". We have discussed this quite a bit previously on the forum.

What all did the guys at Concorde try to fix the issue. Did they swap the front tyres left to right and see if the issue got switched? And other measures?

Get the tyres removed from the rim and re-mount them. A Punto that i know of had the issue corrected by doing so.

Cheers.
  4. baranimani

baranimani

Chennai
    HI Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried with one nice wheel align allignment centre in local. they did soem allignment and swapped the tyres. now i feel better, but still its pulling towards left side if it pass like 200 meters. once its started the pull, its completly going towards the end of road.

Yes the Car came up with JK tyre. I guess its b'z of the tyre.

pelase advise what i have to do .
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are ready to spend some money, get the tyre replaced, with 185/70 size (Apollo Accelere or A Drive). Do test drive with new tyres, before finalizing one.
  6. baranimani

baranimani

Chennai
    HI Gib,
    Thanks for your suggession. Let me try the re-mount the tyre on RIM . i will get it done outside as i am not happy with concorder moter service guys.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The thing is , those puny tires are somewhat to blame for the issue. But i've driven a Punto with those tyres driving perfectly, so the tires cannot take all the blame.

The wheel alignment guy said the small tyres make it harder to find the correct setting ( his opinion). And he said that with wide tyres on the Punto, alignment is child's play and takes one minute to sort out.

So, get Concorde to fix the issue because it is fix-able and is not a inbuilt problem with the car by any means. Also, ask Concorde to fix tyres temporarily from another car, and see if the car drives straight then. That can rule out the alignment and put the blame on tyres.

Cheers.
  8. baranimani

baranimani

Chennai
    Hi,
    Good day
    The dealer is keeping the car for the past three days and still did not fix the issue. They assured that they will fix the pulling issue today. I will update the status tomorrow. Thanks guys for all your support.

Barani
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I had a similar issue and I fixed it by doing alignment/balancing/rotation at a reputed stand alone place.
  10. gvikram7969

gvikram7969 Timido

MH 42
    had the same problem, but was immediately just by swaping the front tyres. Remove the left wheel and fit it on the right side and vice versa. For this you need two jacks to raise the front side of the car. I would suggest you get it changed at a puncture shop.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013