1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New car problems - Punto Active 1.3

Discussion in 'Technical' started by prasanthedk, Apr 10, 2014.

1. prasanthedk

prasanthedk Timido

Trivandrum
    Hi All,

I bought Punto 2 weeks before. Last week when i put the key and tried to start, No response. dashboard lights are on but no response from engine. After 2 minutes its started. After 4 days i got the same issue 4 to 5 times. Then i go to Mohandas Motors Trivandrum (05/04/2014). This car is taken from Mohandas Motors Trivandrum. They checked and said that starter need to be clean. Next day Trivandrum service center guys said that it was starter solenoid. And the part is not available it will take 15 days. Remember i bought that car on 24/3/2014. I just used 10 days. Then Monday (07/04/2014) they said that they will collect the part from Hysonautos Cochin and they will give it tomorrow. Today (08/04/2014) morning that guy said that everything is OK you can take the car in the evening. In the evening i got a message from service center

"The vehicle reported with an issue of delay in starting. The same has been rectified While carrying out a general check up it is found that the AC compressor remains ON even if the AC is OFF.We are working on the complaint and will deliver the vehicle after rectification job is over."

Today (09/04/2014) : They are saying it's software problem. They need to replace the control unit. Again it will take minimum 4 days to get the parts from Pune.

I wonder, this is just two weeks old car and found two main issues. I used the car 10 days and now 8 days in service center.

Now i can strongly recommended to anyone, "Don't go with Fiat products". I didn't expect these type of issues from Fiat.

Thanks,
    Prasanth
  2. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Hi Prashant ,
    Sorry to hear about problem you faced with new punto , I can understand the pain when we face problem with brand new car
    One thing I can tell you can get issues in any car ( maruti , Hyundai , honda , Toyota ) if you search you will notice posts on problems on newly brought maruti , Hyundai .... But what makes difference is parts availability and resolution time
    I agree with you on that part , fiat should ensure service center has parts available all the time .
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. prasanthedk

prasanthedk Timido

Trivandrum
    I already sent mails. My problem is my car is technically damaged car. How come two issues within two weeks?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to hear this. Please keep a detailed account of happenings noted and more over collect proof via email and communicate via email to the service center. Please save or backup SMSes also. Let them go on record.

Also forward email to Mangesh Kodalkar as suggested by Mod. Ravi. You may very well demand an explaination for such happenings with your new car. Please update here further. We too can understand your anger and frustation. I hope some elements at dealer/SC are not playing mischief here. Because there is something seriously wrong here that doesn't add up.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  6. prasanthedk

prasanthedk Timido

Trivandrum
    I already sent many mails. This was the reply from Mangesh Kodalkar:

"Sir ,
    Apologies the inconvenience caused to you , will revert with priority assistance
    Dear Sumesh – RSM – requesting intervention & update ."
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Could you quote the dates also. So forum members later can know the time taken to resolve your car issues. This Sumesh (RSM) gentleman will need to investigate further, hope he does it soon. In rare cases such as yours Fiat officials also do visit to see the car for themselves. In extreme cases the whole cars have been replaced too. Please don't loose faith. Hope for the best.
  8. prasanthedk

prasanthedk Timido

Trivandrum

Mohandas Motors Trivandrum, Kerala, India. They take the car on 05/04/2014. Now 6 days. Again they need 4 days to get the part.

I got the reply from Mangesh Kodalkar - 09/04/2014 - 11.35 PM.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Prasant
    First I would like to invite your attention that in warrantee period repair of parts is not allowed.
    Direct replacement is binding on dealer.
    Mohandas Motors is trying to repair it to avoid warrantee claim of Rs.7000/-

Recently I got starter motor replaced in extended warrantee. Your car is in regular warrantee + its a new car.
    So it is your right to get replacement.
    Dealer is wasting your time by doing repair of starter motor in unauthorized way.

It seems that dealer has only name of great man but he is not loyal to customers.
    I mean Mohandas Motors ( Great 'Baapu') M.K. Gandhi.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014