1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Car or not

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Raghuram, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Raghuram

Raghuram

New Delhi
    Naren, I think you are right that I should sell it off. I have been offered a price of 1.80 lacs by a fiat dealer as exchange offer.

@Kaps: I have been using a diesel since 10yrs now I had the Uno and now the Petra D, I am tempted to buy the T jet because of its massive torque.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Rs. 1.80 Lacs is a good price. I got only Rs. 1 lacs for my 90,000 kms run Ford Ikon petrol :mad:
  3. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

See FIAT also has good resale value.
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    "The re-sale value is not good" is a pre-formed idea with people who are fed onto stock marutis. I got 1L for my 11year old, 60K Uno diesel. So I don't know why people crib about poor resale values.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Woah Man! Looks like old Palio and Uno are some of the most expensive used cars available.. compared to this old swifts and wagon Rs are dime a dozen :lol:
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think this holds true in case of:
    i20 CRDi Diesel which is ~1.10lacs costlier than same variant of i20 petrol.
    Swift/Dzire diesel variant is ~75-85k costlier than corresponding Swift/Dzire Petrol variant.
    I'm talking of just ex-showroom price. Add more for road tax etc.

Punto 1.3MJD is ~40k more than 1.4FIRE. So, monthly running need not be as high as 2000km.
    Fiat has done the right thing by keeping lesser gap between petrol and diesel. It can boost the sale of Punto because of the 1.3MJD national engine as most Indians give high priority to Fuel Economy.
    :steering
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    One of my colleagues has a Linea Petrol. Now he feels, he was better off with a Diesel since his monthly fuel bills are quite high. He does around 1200 kms per month.

And I own Punto 1.3 MJD, and I think was a real good decision to buy a diesel.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thats the reason I went for MJD. My daily runing is not much but weekends covers for weekdays. :dancing :dancing
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This makes sense.. with my driving of around 1100km per month, I am saving around Rs.700/- per month in fuel bills compared to my earlier Santro.
  10. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Also, when you have a better car we tend to drive more. I hated going out on my previous Alto. Now I just make up some reason or other so that I can take my Punto for a spin :)