1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Car Drifting to left on Highway

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by srivatsavb, Aug 31, 2014.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    after some kms, any no. of times you do allignment, it wont become right with this tire. everyone i know who were facing this problem , changed the tires to better ones and it was solved !!!
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Pulling is alignment and vibration due to wheel balancing is common belief I guess. @varunrtr, if what you say is correct, shouldn't Fiat be worried about this issue. Could it be due to some tread pattern problem. :confused:
  3. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    My linea also drifts to left on city road also. I got it checked twice at FASS, they said its banking of road as car is going straight for 100 metres.

What should I do? Because once the tyre get the uneven tread it will always behave the same throughout the life.

How to verify it correctly?
  4. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Went again to Fiat Dhruvil, Ahmedabad today after 3 week follow up for availability.
    They first said alignment will be chargeable as it is 3000km on mileage. I argued them it should be covered under warranty as I am coming 3rd time for the same issue.

After few arguments and talking with Service Manager, they agreed to do it for customer satisfaction. Which I didn't liked as it is their obligation not favour.

Now stared the series of test drives. After every tyre change combination and trial the situation remained same except linea is now pulling to right.

After 3 hours and 70 kms trial run, they finally asked me to come on 16th in morning to do thorough checkup. What it was going on till NOW, my mind said.

I have 2 queries now.
    1. What if the problem will solve or it has minor unnoticeable drift, and tyre wears out uneven later.
    2. If it doesn't get solved what should I do for getting replacement of tyres.