1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Car Drifting to left on Highway

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by srivatsavb, Aug 31, 2014.

1. srivatsavb

srivatsavb Timido

Hi

My punto is a week old and my car drifted to the left when I got delivered and the same has been acknowledged by FASS and had done Wheel Balancing and Alignment .

Recently took my car in Highway and I have noticed that when I leave my hand off the steering the car slightly drifts to left . My question is it still because off alignment or because of the slope in the road ?

And one more thing I wanted to know is that the car tends to vibrate at 120 kmph ! Is that normal ? Mine is 1.3 Dynamic

Regards

Srivatsav
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If drift is little, could be because of slope also. Keep an eye in tread wear on tyres and if you observe any uneven pattern, get it alignment done from some reputed shop in your city.

Vibration could be due to bad balancing, get this also checked from outside once.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. srivatsavb

srivatsavb Timido

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for the Quick Reply

The Drift is little and moves only slowly . Since my car is a week old I think the FASS should do Free of Cost for Wheel Alignment and just curious to know if I Get it done from outside will my warranty be VOID ?

And also since you being MJD owner at till speed you find your car cruise comfortable without any vibrations ?

Regards

Srivatsav
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. srivatsavb

srivatsavb Timido

I am running on stock tyres 165/80 could that be the reason for vibrations and I have experienced the same in Dzire too ( Skinny tyres )
  6. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    had similar experience on my Punto also. Did alignment from outside just to see that it is fine. rotated the wheel from left to right and it started pulling to right.

Alignment shop told that its common and its the JK's that are OEI that causes the issue
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is because of the that JK Tornados... its hopeless...
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Indian Highways are banked towards left slightly to drain out rain water ... this usually tends to move vehicles towards left over certain distance ... depending on the road quality. Bad roads have less or no banking... good roads are slightly banked.
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    How is that possible buddy? The drift is because of the alignment right. How tyre can change the alignment.
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    I have the same problem of drifting towards left. All boils down to tires. Mine is Goodyear GT3. Since the tires are uneven, i experience the drift. Both GT3 and JK are not good after 20-25000kms. Just my experience.
    Have done 3-4 alignments including FASS/Madhus/Tyre Prof in BLR, no change. Still the same.
    Vecto pointed out that the tires have to be replaced. Mine has done 25000kms with these tires.