1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New car buyer Confused.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kedarbendre, Jan 27, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Hi Buddy,

Just check this topic... I was looking out for a diesel car last month and checked almost all the diesel hatchbacks in the budget around 5.5 lacs...

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1437&hilit=Ritz+VDI

After through study and being the owner of Punto i decided for Ritz which later i dropped and waiting for new swift...

My suggestion would be
    1. Punto 1.3 is a very good value for money but if your friend can extend his budget for few thousands suggest him to go for Emotion...
    2. Ritz VDI is a nice car to drive, very practical in nature but i somehow felt that it is not a Highway car and you really cannot drive it beyond 120 kmph... Just ask your friend to check for Ritz VDI as maruti is giving 30000 INR discounts and if you guys push the dealer he will give another 10K... so Ritz VDI on road cost will come close to Ritz LDI.
    3. A Strict NO NO for swift as it is nearing an upgrade and new swift will be launched sometime later this year..
    4. You can also look out for Ford Figo, it is a good car to drive and a practical car for indian roads...
    5. I20 is not value for money and you end up paying too much for a basic era version of it and trust me hyundai I20 diesel is not as good to drive as I20 Petrol... I20 name is only good when it is Petrol.

The points above are my personal comments and what i felt..
  2. Yes, Ritz is nice car, and have less rattle/vibration than Swift, consider you like the Ritz looks. ::O
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yesterday visited Pandit Auto for Punto TD & as expected it was very nice. After TD of Punto we went to MS showroom for RITZ TD. What a sh**ty car it was. Rakesh Rattle & NVH level in Ritz OMG too high when we compare it with Punto or to the Skoda Fabia which we TD last weekend. My friend & me totally disappointed by RITZ VDi. What I feel Punto has less NVH level than any other car. :wow . Isn't it?

:eek:fftopic
    BTW when I visited FIAT showroom I get to know that they have Punto 90HP 2010 Red color car in stock. They are offering near about Rs. 80,000 discount . If anyone interested this information will help him. ::T

Showroom: Pandit Auto, Tilak Road.
    Sales Guy:- Rahul Joshi. 9823277691
  4. PUNTO is WASTE for after sales service,

Better to go for Maruti swift
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @kedarbendre
    Vibrations are the least in Punto but noise is on higher side in Linea/Punto when compared with Ritz DDiS but I like the noise MJD makes at high revs
    @ravi_inampudi
    But then Swift is waste in quality and features. Swift can bring a rattle snake to shame after hearing a rattling swift.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    If service is the prime concern for Punto, how about comparing this Swift Vs Punto service Intervals ?

In any town there will be more than 1 dealer and as a owner we have to find a good service station even if it is farthest from home, we have to get the servicing done
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Completely Agreed to this. However even I liked the noise of engine. Its good to hear & tempting to drive the car. Enjoyed a lot as I drove Diesel Punto first time.
  8. gautham

gautham Novizio

Coimbatore
    other thing is Maruti's service intervals are very poor - they sound to you like a 2 wheeler like scooty. Fiat has definitely improved on the service aspect. Perception IMHO is the biggest threat to FIAT in favor of a car like SWIFT.