1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New car buyer Confused.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kedarbendre, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    One of friend is looking for Diesel Car. As a FIAT owner I recommended Grande Punto Dyanmic MJD. His budget is near about 6 lacs. He cant stretch his budget. Now we are looking for

1) Grande Punto Dynamic MJD
    2) Tata Indica Vista AURA QJD
    3) Skoda Fabia Classic TDI
    4) MS Ritz LDi
    5) MS Swift LDi.

His preferences are the Mileage, comfort & most important is Budget. I am pushing him for PUNTO ::T. I suggested him PUNTO ACTIVE 1.3 MJD, however he is not happy with the features offered in ACTIVE Trim. He already owned TATA INDICA V2, Hyundai Accent & Dewoo Cielo.

We TD Skoda Fabia last week. After both of were feeling :thumbs down . I will really appreciate the Suspension and Build & Paint Quality of FABIA superb.
    After TD of Fabia we visited Pandit Auto, Pune & asked for the TD of Punto MJD & the reply was the TD car is not available. BTW when we finished the TD of FABIA I called RAHUL JOSHI & informed him that we are coming to showroom & we need TD of PUNTO, he said ok. When we visited the showroom Rahul was busy with another customer, so we need to wait for near about 30 mins. When we asked him about the TD reply was TD car is not available. Wastage of 30 mins. No one asked water or TEA to us. No one was there to welcome us. THANK YO SO MUCH FIAT & PANDIT AUTO FOR THIS WARM WELCOME. We got exactly opposite experience at SKODA. :hit. My friend ( me too ) totally disappointed & left the showroom :irked .

In next week we are going to visit MS showroom & Pandit AUTO too for Punto TD. Lets see what happens. Will keep you updated.
  2. Out of curiosity, let ask you this question.

Fiat Punto Active offers more features than what Maruti Ritz LDi & Maruti Swift LDi offers. So, how come your friend make that remark? :confused1

Yes, it makes me confused.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I dont know but still, I informed him about MID which comes in Active trim & you wont get the MID in any other car. MID is most important feature in PUNTO. Lets see we are going to PANDIT AUTO on saturday. Will show him the features in details.

He is looking MS Ritz & Swift cause the price factor. Ritz LDi is Rs. 30,000 & Swift LDi is Rs. 20,000 cheaper than the Punto Active. He is looking at price.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    But does 20000,30000 thousand make a difference when you are paying around 5-6 lakhs.
    Reply from Dealer was very bad. Fiat doesn't deserve to be selling cars when dealers like these are selling cars.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes thats what I am saying. As I am not unknown to that sales guys as I bought my Punto from Pandit Auto & he was the sales person, so he should give some attention to us. however it is no use. FIAT People wont learn from Past experience. One more thing to mention here there was no rush in the showroom as it was afternoon time. Hardly 3 to 4 customers in showroom including TATA.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes for him yes. His budget wont allow him, his budget was 5.5 lac & then he streched budget to 6 lacs.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I want to know something about Hyundai i20 CRDi. What are the cons of i20 when we compare to Punto MJD
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Cons of i20 compared to MJD
    1. Drastic turbo lag experienced in city and hills (5 gear version not sure about 6 gear version)
    2. Steering feedback, handling & ride quality
    3. AC of i20 is not great
    4. Vibrations in cabin are more in i20 after getting old.(Not sure if all cars have that or only my friend car)
    5. Steering rattling problem for which Hyundai has no fix.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with Vijay

more drawbacks of i-20

6) Even there is CRDi engine ,Old technology (Bosch Pump)
    7) Horrible engine knocking like Tractor
  10. Take little more from finance company than compromise on price, later on your friend will not feel bad on low price.

Even for Swift LDi, i notice that Seat Quality is not same as Swift VDI, when we are buying Swift, the sales person told us that the major difference in VDI & LDi is power window and rear seat head rest, few minor like wheel caps and body color handles etc.

But after delivery we notice the huge difference in Seat material. it is not so comfortable than Swift VDI or Dzire VXi. as we have the other Dzire VXi.

Even Punto Active have front power window, which require more than rear.

One interesting feature in Punto is Speed Alert, so you can set the max speed as per RTO rules, (60 Km P.H in city limits and 90 Km P.H. on highways) the penalty is huge for crossing the limit i.e. 400/- each time.
    In Jaipur, every car owners knows the Traffic Police Interceptor.

best of luck.