1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Bulbs please ;)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nobrakes, Feb 17, 2012.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    I've have the 90/100 setup for a long time now and no issues at all with any components including the bulbs. No bulb blow outs even though i flash most of the "high beam morons" the coming from the opposite direction :mad:, and like someone said it does bring most morons back to low beam. I had the same setup on my accent for 4 yrs without any issue. The guy who does mods on my car is very good and he uses good/original products as well. Also the beams are alligned so no blinding when on low beam, but high beam is a different story.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm currently on 100/130 phillips rally and a friend of mine who recently sat in my car was not ready to believe that it was such a powerful bulb because he felt that the throw was not there.
    In the recent past even i've felt that the bulbs are not doing what they are rated at.
    He hinted that there could be a relay issue. (My relay i'm guessing is suited for 90/110 as that was my earlier bulb setup).

Could there be a mismatch with the relay and the bulbs? Please help me on this.
  3. Relay is just a switch,how can it reduce intensity of the bulb?
  4. Revantk

Revantk

Navi Mumbai
    Hi can you please let me know if this will have any effect on the electrical system. My high beam stopped working after few weeks of putting these Phillips Rally 100/90 H4's+a relay. I have checked this with many service center but they are not able to find the solution to rectify this. If i try to use the original ones even though it does not work. If we try to direct the connection then it works.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Looks like an issue with the relay then. Did you try with a different relay?

I"m not too much of an electrical guy but what is the kind of relay you are using? a photo of the relay could help us a lot.
  6. Revantk

Revantk

Navi Mumbai
    Yesterday i went to the service center and after checking they have said that the BCM has got an issue and this may be due to the lights and relay... Now to change the BCM he has given me an estimation of 21k.
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Got 60/55W Osram night breaker plus for my Tigress!

Though they are of the same power as the OE bulbs (which again was Osram), I find the NB+ being brighter and even the throw is slightly better! The light has a mild whitish tinge now.

Here's a pic of the new bulbs in my car
    9ysynuqu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Planning to upgrade my NB+ to Philips 100/90 shortly.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    OT : I somehow recollect that i dont seem to have got the spare bulbs along with my Linea, in my earlier punto i had 2 bulbs in a card box stashed near spare wheel. Wondering where it would be in Linea?:confused:
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @cubbie
    Spare bulbs placed in the glove box, in my case.