1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Bulbs please ;)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nobrakes, Feb 17, 2012.

1. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    heya... @mvb4u .. wont 130/90 damage your headlight reflector becoz of the excess heat?? have you seen any reduce in light from the time you installed and now??
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sorry for the late reply, no damage to head light reflector. No reduction in light it is nearly a year after fitment. Happy with the lights.
    1 person likes this.
  3. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,
    I want to know from guys who had fit new bulbs for headlights(100/90 or above - basically which needs a wirring kit and relay). When I enquired about how the the wiring will be done, the mechanics they told as part of the process they need to cut the dust pads (not sure of the exact name though - a rubber cups which cover the rear of the headlights) for inserting the bulb holders of the wiring kit. I asked whether it can't be routed the way the OEM wires path. They said it is not possible and this is the way they do it for Verna & punto/linea it seems. Need your comments on this.

If that is the only way then, wont dust/water particles enter the headlights? Will it not be problem for mist/fog getting created in inside the headlights?
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A little bit of dust pad (a rubber cap that covers the back side part which cap we remove to change bulbs) was cut to allow the wires to pass when I upgraded the bulbs of my punto and it was already a year passed after installing the new bulbs I don't see any signs of dust particles entering into the h/l assembly.
  5. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @mvb4u, Thanks for the info
  6. plikmuny

plikmuny

Bangalore
    @fiat-yamaha: bro where did u buy philips rally bulbs in JC road ? i want them too, but scared of the duplicates to buy anywhere in bangalore.
    looking for the genuine wholesale dealers of philips rally bulbs... pls suggest me the shop name & address ... i need it urgently...
    waiting for ur inputs...
  7. praful

praful

Bangalore
    Didn't want to start a new thread, so posting my query here -

Been running the below configuration for 3 years now :-

Lo Beam - Narva - 80W H7 - White Light
    Hi Beam - Narva - 100W H1 - Yellow Light

My high beam is absolutely fine, I want to change the low beams H7's as I don't think they are effective any more.

Suggestions open for what's "hot" in the market now. Would prefer to avoid 'white' light this time. This is also why I am not too keen on going the HID way.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm actually planning on one as well. Actually im looking to downgrade from 110/130 to 90/100 or 90/110.
    The current bulbs are just too powerful and generate too much of heat i'm worried about the lens blackening (Although i've not seen anything like that yet)
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Praful best option you can go for with the stock bulb rating is either Osram Night Breaker plus or Philips Extreme Vision. They should be available for H7. Osram is having slightly more whitish tint than Philips. The price would be on the higher side though. Else a cheaper option would be to fix a relay & upgrade the bulb rating. Hope you reflectors are in good condition.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi no brakes, Have a check on the load of your car for sometime and do update results of your battery performance here..