1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Bulbs please ;)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by nobrakes, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    One of our fellow TFian Varunrtr has also done the same modification with philips rally bulb. He used Roots headlamp wiring harness kit which includes the whole wiring , 2 ceramic holders, 2 fuses & relay . This is complete plug & play. But the chances of the reflector getting darkened still exists with high power bulbs as the heat generated is more.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Type Philips Rally 100/90 bulbs...as for the relay, the only one i could find was a "hella headlamp wiring harness". Hope this helps.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah.. i also upgraded recently... the high beam throw is very good but low beam is still the same.. . bulb costed me 155/piece and roots wiring kit -700/-. so far so good.. no blackening though it heats up a lot..
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I've Osram Night Braker Plus installed in my Punto. This is far better than OEM. I think, it would be better to get relay also installed. What you says guys.
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the pics. However I will be getting the bulbs through dealer, lets see what they have in store as RALLYs are not avail on Phillips website but with reference to the Bulb code on Rally box website states its Essential power.

Currently using Phillips Xtreme power brought from dealer as well.

Relays are not required for Night breakers as the are just replacement to OEM. Same wattage of OEM, relays do not make any difference.
  6. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    i have first hand experience of philips rally , philips extreme power , philips essential light/diamond vision . Out of these philips Rally 100/90 are best , throw is very good and bright , but not road legal . Purchase from a renowed shop as there are many duplicates . Xtreme power are better than stock but not 80% more light as written on packing , may be 10% more and are legal.
    One i highly recommend is HALONIX +60 100/90 , this bulb cost 105 rs and throw is even better than philips rally 100/90. Anything above 100/90 will blacken the headlamps and heats a lot .
    yeah fiat-yamaha is right , relay is not required both for nightbreakers and xtremepower and its MUST for 100/90, look for bosch relay , ceramic holders not required .
  7. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All Did any one added angel eye to fiat linea? if yes details please with pic .. i ned some advice on the same...
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Italia Linea has done it..
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All -

Finally converted the Headlamps to 100/90 on Saturday, lot of improvement in visibility. Got ROOTS wiring & relay kit with Phillips Rally from ROOTS wholesale dealer@ J C Road.

Roots wiring & Relay - Rs. 550/-
    Phillips Rally - Rs. 300/-
    Fitting charges - Rs. 100/-

Total = Rs. 950/-.:D worth for the Money spent.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  10. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Good going Fiat-Yamaha, It indeed makes a big difference after the upgrade. Am very pleased I did the upgrade too.

I've got another reason to drive my GP....improved visibility, to add to the existing list of reasons :)