1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Blue and Me Update Version 6.0

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by sandeep_p, Sep 17, 2012.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Just now tried updating 6.0 on my car. As already said, it did not take more than few seconds to update but normally it should take atleast 5 min. I guess it did not update. May be already an updated version was installed.
    Dont know how to check existing version of the software :confused
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    So my car has something called Image ID and if i click on that it gives me a certain number - so i am guessing this is the 2nd generation box then?
  3. I tried updating this Sunday and was unsuccessful

Car Model: Punto EM (2012)

- Downloaded the configurator from blue and me web site
    - Copied to a sandisk FAT32 formatted 16G USB stick
    - After inserting the USB to car it quickly said updating and in less than a minute, completed.
    - As per the procedure tried updating the BMConfig.xml
    - It resulted in asking for 5.6 version download, downloaded the same
    - But the update in car failed with "Configuration Error"
    - Tried 5.5 version , same "Configuration Error"

Now the fun begins when I was not able to get any option of "Media player" in the car, after an hour struggle used the tried and tested method of 'Removing the -ve battery terminal for 2-3 minutes". Now "Media Player" works but I failed to upgrade the software. May be I should get this done during the next service.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Neeraj,
    For my car also it finished almost with in seconds. I thought mine would be latest and hence it did not update. Guess i was wrong then. There is no way to check what is the current version installed. :(
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Can someone confirm please ? :) and if second generation box , do i need to go in for an upgrade?

6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Anyone in here downloaded Blue&Me 7.0 ?
    Can you please share the download file (its for second gen devices)
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Its available on the Blue and Me website...

8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Puchoo: :shocked

Is only available to those who has second generation blue and me, i didnt saw any direct link on the site. Hence asked if someone with B&M 7.0 can upload and share it here.
  9. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Viny, I recently bought Linea T-Jet Emotion and just out of curiosity I updated BnM to 7.0 successfully. You can use the BnM file specified here: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/blue-me/2...n-update-all-other-queries-54.html#post188751

I see following changes after update:
    1. Changes visible under Advance Setting menu. App ID changed to LE1 earlier it was blank, Image ID changed
    2. Message reader working now with My Nokia Lumia 520
    1 person likes this.
  10. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Hi,
    Same thing happened to me too !!!
    Milind Pande
    Pune