1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New Blue and Me Update Version 6.0

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by sandeep_p, Sep 17, 2012.

1. sandeep_p

sandeep_p Timido

Mumbai
    Hello All,

Today I have updated Blue and Me in my Linea car to version 6.0. The update went very smooth and completed in about 7-8 minutes. After update, I however did not see any major change. As usual my HTC touch pro 2 contact are not copied. However I noticed that my earlier USB drive which was not working with the older version started working now. JUst wanted to know if anyone has any other experience or know any added functionality in this version. I think they might have added support to newer mobile phones.

Regards

Sandeep
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The lag in voice while using bluetooth is reduced. Also, ability to browse iphone playlists is now possible
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Where did you get the updated version ?
  4. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    3 people like this.
  5. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Are u connecting the Phone with directly or with the adapter.??
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The bluetooth connection is wireless and no wires needed

I have also connected the iPhone directly to the USB and it works. No issues observed
  7. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Oh . My question was not regarding the Bluetooth connection, Sorry to have misguided you.. For playing music from iPhone or iPod we need a adapter, so are you saying that you can play music from the iPhone by directly connecting it to the USB without any adapter and just by the Apple usb white cable?

8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Downloading it now. Would get back with updates [if any].
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So how does the upgrade work? Do I download it to my laptop or my phone? And how will the car update the version?
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @relativity

Just download the setup, should be a zip file.Format your pendrive to FAT32 file system.Empty ur pendrive.Shoudnt contain anything.Just unzip the setup contents to the root of the pendrive i.e dont copy the files in any folder and then paste it in ur pendrive.

1.Turn ur car key to MAR position.
    2.Delete all ur data and contacts from blue n me (phone symbol > settings -> Users data & deleted ALL users data. Deleted ALL Users from the same path)
    3.Insert the pendrive into your car's USB slot.
    4.Turn ur car key to MAR position.
    5.Lady would automatically confirm the update.
    6.Wait 5-10mins for the installation to happen.
    7.MID will show “re starting” again, shown “installing”. It will repeate for some time.
    8.Turn the key back to STOP position & take out the USB stick.

It's done!!
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.