1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New and Due (to be JETtisioned)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rana, Nov 7, 2011.

1. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Update Update!

Well as you all have been saying, the SA came back with teh answer that the max he can arrange is a April Bronzo Scuro and a May tuscan wine. The scuro has to come from the Ranjangaon factory (i confirmed this later from sources) and this would take 10-15 days... I have confirmed to him to go ahead and book the Scuro... better late than lament!

I enquired about the PDI and the SA replied that I have to go to Bhiwandi for that.. since once the car is in Mumbai, the excise would already have been paid in my name. Mumbai TFIians, is this true? Also, my friend (the source) tell me that i dont really need to do a PDI, any issues can always be solved later. I should check once the car is at Mumbai and a couple of days before delivery so that anything that is wrong can be fixed by the dealer. Is this true?
  2. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Absolutely bro. Go for it! ... Yes, this is true. Bronzos are DMZ(April) and TW's are EMZ(May).

Also, the stockyards are located outside Mumbai city limits. Concorde's at Bhiwandi. I would advise you to go there and do the PDI as a precaution. You want to be thoroughly satisfied with the car you're buying and to make sure there are no issues. Arm yourself with the PDI sheet while going.
  3. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    What the SA means is that the excise would have been paid in the dealer's name and the car would have been billed to him by Tata Motors. If you back out after the PDI at Bhiwandi (which means before you make bulk of the payment), the dealer would be in soup.
    More knowledgeable persons can correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the dealer (even if theoretically) has an option of rejecting a car if he feels he has not received it in proper shape from the factory. You may want to impress upon him that you will do a thorough PDI and you will reject a car that seems to be a lemon, so that in case (god forbid) he receives such a car, he can attempt to reject it, or correct the flaws before showing the car to you.
    Your friend is right - most of the cars are fine and very few turn out to be lemons (and this is the case with every manufacturer). It is just that a significant proportion of the active online community (including me) is a bit paranoid about this after reading all the "lemon" stories (which doubtlessly attract a lot more attention), and has decided to be safe rather than sorry. Additionally, this car has been stored for quite some time at the factory. I would suggest you go through with the PDI just to verify that it has been well warehoused unaffected by nature's elements.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    While I agree to abk1980 and Satyajit, I'd just like to add my 2 cents here.

Yes, you have to go to Bhiwandi for a PDI. The cars are dispatched from Ranjangaon on a invoiced basis to the dealer. Once you make the full payment towards the car, depending upon your regn (MH 01/02/03 i.e Octroi paid Mumbai reg or MH 04 - 1% cess paid Navi Mumbai regn or MH 43 - octroi-less etc), it is invoiced in your name, octroi/entry tax is paid accordingly and the car is brought to the showroom.

I too went to Bhiwandi and the executive from Concorde infact accompanied me for the PDI visit. He was very courteous, and let me take my own sweet time to check and verify. Carry the PDI checklist and a camera, just to be able to record evidence, in case you find something amiss.

The showroom guys are accommodating enough to rectify any minor issues that you may notice. Just to be doubly sure, get it in writing at the time of PDI. Be sure to check EVERYTHING (e.g. My key fob was not folding properly at the time of PDI)
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    A PDI at the stockyard is definitely recommended before you give the go ahead for the car - reason being that cars have been standing in the open all these months. So doing a thorough Pdi shall definitely help in avoiding trouble later on.

As abk mentioned that most cars are trouble free but if you get a car similar to mine then it would be an issue - I have checked many cars at different dealers (after I found rust in my ccar) and there was no rust under the bonnet in them. So the pdi is only to ensure that things at a high level are good.

As far as the month of manufacture goes, I heard from one of the dealers that a June BS is with Fiat. However, for some unknown reason when we ask for the same they say they can only get an April vehicle.
  6. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Must be a stock clearing strategy... I wonder what a company would do when you are stuck with inventory from Jan onwards whereas the offtake is very low... The SA did tell me that there were lots of Tjets sold in the last month but seeing the October sales volumes and the status of stock at the dealer, I doubt so!
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Rana-ji what's the update on your Jet?
  8. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    From what the showroom guy tells us, the entire TATA FIAT team is engaged in getting my Tjet from the Factory to their Yard!!!!! :):D:D:D

On a frank note, I know that they are given that my friend in the Tata sales has assured me so. The card should be in the yard by this weekend, and post a PDI should go in for the registration. Am hoping to get it before the end of the month. How much time does the registration take.

Also, an open query. The SA asked me for documents for registration. In the address proof, I only have the Sales agreement of my new house and no other address proof in my name yet. He is asking for telephone, electricity bills, etc. none of which I have. In that case, he has suggested that there is a formal route called Without Address Proof, whereby I would have to pay some more amount to get the card registered without Address Proof. It seems the actual amount for no documents at all is around Rs. 15k but since I have atleast one, it would be around 4-5k. I have completely no idea about this and it would be nice if anybody here can advice.

Why cant car buying be less painful! Or is it like no pain no gain????:confused:
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can take one affidavit from nearest court. Any notary, sitting outside, will do for couple of hundred rupees. That is sufficient.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Registration takes 1-2 days in Mumbai.
    You have 2 options:
    1. Get your car registered on the new address i.e. on the basis of the sale deed and a supporting affidavit
    2. If you have any address proof of the earlier (rented) address, use that