1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

New and Due (to be JETtisioned)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rana, Nov 7, 2011.

1. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi guys,

I am new to this forum (about a couple of weeks old now). This is my second post (though this should have been my first) although for the past few days, I would have read everything and anything remotely to do with a Linea Tjet and ASS.

And now that the decision has been made, tommorrow (or latest day after) I will be going to Concord Motors (Worli) to call dibs on either a Sunbeam Beige/Tuscan Wine/Bronzo Scuro T Jet. :dancingAnyone reading this post can still advice me whether it should be Concord Motors or Wasan Motors (Chembur). Though I like Concord and the SE there better and they are giving me a better exchange deal on my used Santro.

Just to introduce my self, I am Ranaditya, a native of Durgapur (WB) and building a career in banking in Mumbai since the last six years. My garage would be the following -
    1. Yamaha R15 2008
    2. Hyundai Santro Xing 2004 (Preworshipped and on its way out)
    3. Linea Tjet 2011 (on its way in)

Thanks all the guys for all your informative posts helping me make a decision and hope to contribute a lot in future too.

Chrs
    Rana:redcar
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Rana saab. :)
    Hats off to you to go ahead with buying a petrol car (T-JET) at the price of diesel (MJD) in these days (petrol prices at 75/liter) but yes, T-JET is worth every single rupee spent on it with those features and a turbocharged petrol engine.

My personal favourite is Sunbeam Beige out of all the three when it comes to maintenance. Tuscan wine and Bronzo are darker shades so prone to swirl/wipe marks.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Rana-ji - Many congrats on choosing the TJet. I too booked and got my Tjet from Concorde Motors Prabhadevi, primarily because of the sales staff. Wasan Motors was presented as an option to me by my loan arranger, but the additional discount of 10k was not too great to let go of a relationship that I had built with Concorde. Also, Concorde is a 10 minute walk from my office and I wanted the dealership to be close by.

Moreover, even i got a better exchange deal on my Getz through Concorde.

Do share details about the offer you are getting!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ranaji congratulations :)

My vote goes to Brozo Scuro Tjet Linea. I love this color and looks fantastic on Linea. Linea looks more premium in this color.
  5. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    I DONT WANT A DIESEL - PERIOD! :D :D :D And as you rightly said, the Tjet is worth it. I know i will be shelling more money with apne manmohan ji bent on making petrol dearer than gold! But then.. an enthusiast is know to think through his heart....

DJ - will send yu a PM, its good if i can consult you regarding the package.

My wife likes the color, but as paddle shifter said, swirl marks and scratches become an issue with the darker colours.. but i guess I will end up thinking through my heart again!
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Out of the colors listed by you, my vote goes for the Bronzo Scuro.
    Tuscan Wine would be the most difficult to maintain.
    Did you do a test drive of the Jet with 4 people (average weight of each of the 4 people coming to 65 kgs)? Please do test the acceleration in a fully loaded car. I have found it to be less as compared to only 2 people in the car
  7. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    I did it with three (75, 60, 80 kgs)... did not seem to be an issue... as it is most of my driving around would be with 2 people.. me and wifey.... but then your comments got me thinking... I have been reading your posts on your plight... It is kinda demotivating... but then as in your case, the heart prevailed!
  8. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    I drove my T Jet with 5 adults and one teenager on a long drive (Ble to Thekkadi and return) and not faced any less acceleration problem compared to only 2/3 people in the car.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Correction - BLACK is the most difficult to maintain!
    Dont think too much Rana-ji. I have driven the Tjet - twice during TD - with loaded weight of 270 kgs (which was actually constituted by 3 very overweight people!).

I DID not find any drop in acceleration at all.

Later, to show off the turbo to my friend's parents, I drove with a total of 4 people on board - loaded weight of 330 kgs - and NO lag/drop in acceleration.

So worry not on that front.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I assume you are referring to my thread on paint issues - it happens sometimes with some people. Its bad that it happened to me

Regarding the acceleration, it was more of a question: I have test driven the TJet from 4 different dealers and only 1 of them managed to provide a car which had the acceleration when loaded with 3 people or more. So I just though of clarifying the same